Supporting Zactoman

Hi guys,

I haven’t placed any new topics on ARC for so long but now I think I have to.

This is my attempt somehow to encourage you to buy from Zactomodels in order to support him in his current situation.

If you might be aware his daughter is ill (but I hope not so seriously) and it may involve expenses for examinations, etc.

The only income Chris has is his Zactomodels, one man production line where he always is all over the place to elaborate new master patterns and fill the orders working up to 24 hours a day.

I appeal to those fellow modelers who may be hesitate as to whether to buy some Zacto parts as they good enough to be used on not so good plastic.

All Chris makes are real gems, a top notch quality things.

So do not hesitate to bring some realism to your models by adding life-like missiles, pylons, etc. to your kits.

Believe me they will give your models a very nice and more realistic look.

So do not build straight from the kit.

Bring some life zest to your models with Zactomodels! :thumbsup:/>

At least, you may PM Chris to give him a moral support.

I hope you won't get me wrong.

Keep well,

Alexander

The most impressive piece of resin I have in my large stash is Zactoman's 1/32 A-7D Seamless Intake, it deserves to be in a display case all it's own, truly a masterpiece of resin engineering.

V/r

Ron

I second what Alexander said.

Chris' big ticket sets get talked about a lot here on ARC (corrections and convertion sets). Even if you don't have a big scale A-7, or F-14, or Flanker, or MiG-29, you can still find his sidewinders to be of great use on your 1/32 jet builds. The preparation time for a pair of Zacto 'winders are not any more than what you'd spend on the plastic versions in your kits, but they are infinitely more detailed and only cost $17 for a pair.

Terry

I have purchased from Chris in the past, and will do again in the future. He is what the cottage industry is all about. Quality product and service, and his stuff is pretty dang good to boot too!

Even if he is from Idaho....

(not everyone can be from the midwest, doncha know...)

Well, now is as good a time as any to get some "BIG" 'winders for my Revell 1/32 Tornado GR1, and I don't see any better than what Chris has on his site. Best wishes to Chris and family, especially the child that is ill; prayers being sent also.

(not everyone can be from the midwest, doncha know...)

Well at least he's on da west side WEST (Where Everything Stands Tall) :whistle: :D

Edited by #1 Greywolf

Idaho! Yes!

Esto Perpetua!!

Thank you guys for your response!

Well, anybody else? Let's kick his rating up! ;)/>/>

Cheers!

Alexander

Edited by Eastern

Sounds like a perfect time to finally order his Flanker set.

I've never heard anything but praise for the man and his work!

Definitely a cause worthy of support!

Denzil

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Has anyone heard from Chris (zactoman) lately? was just wondering how he and his family

are doing?

Cheers...............Paul.

I received e-mail from Chris a couple of days ago. He's much busy with the Zactomodels stuff and is really torn between the business and his daughter who needs some meds examinations. He does all his best to fill the orders and take care of his daughter.

I hope he will pop up on ARC as soon as he makes time for it.

Cheers!

Alexander

I received e-mail from Chris a couple of days ago. He's much busy with the Zactomodels stuff and is really torn between the business and his daughter who needs some meds examinations. He does all his best to fill the orders and take care of his daughter.

I hope he will pop up on ARC as soon as he makes time for it.

Cheers!

Alexander

Do you know what part of Idaho he's in?

I'm in Boise.

Thank you for posting this!!! I to have meet and are proud to call Chris a friend. He has helped me out with a few things in the past,

I have his Sidewinders OH-58, A-7 , Su-27 and Mig-29UB sets and I HIGHLY RECOMEND them. He has one of the highest quality control I know. So if you can please help our friend out and place an order or just send a little token of gratitude!! Thank you

Cheers

Danny

I just saw this thread and I'm stunned.

Alexander, you da man!

Though we are separated by 6000 miles, I can't say I have a closer friend...

Thank you all for the wonderful comments and support for Zactomodels.

Thanks for keeping me busy with orders! My family is grateful.

My daughter has been going through some tough times but her spirits are up. She is finally surrounded by family that loves her.

Her seizures continue but we are getting her the medical attention she needs and are hoping for a full recovery and a good life ahead for her.

Though I've tried to work non-stop since releasing my Tomcat intakes on July 23, production has slowed due to helping my daughter. Because of this I haven't been on the forums much. I'm finally close to caught up on orders and hope to be around more. I'll at least be posting soon to make a big announcement about an exciting little 'side job' I've been working on (keep an eye on the jet modeling sub-forum in the next few days!).

Cheers my friends :cheers:

P.S. A minor correction to Alexander's original post - I don't work 24 hours a day (any more) :rolleyes: . I regularly do 12-16 hour days and sometimes 18 or even 20. I'm too old to do the 24 hour shifts though.

P.S. A minor correction to Alexander's original post - I don't work 24 hours a day (any more) :rolleyes:/>/> . I regularly do 12-16 hour days and sometimes 18 or even 20. I'm too old to do the 24 hour shifts though.

Too old? :rolleyes:/>

Well, but I think you've got enough gunpowder in the stores (I'm not aware of the English equevalent to what I mean but I hope you get me right here). ;)/>

My warmest wishes to you and all yours.

Keep safe,

Alexander

:salute:/>

I have several items from Chris and each and every time I open the packages I stare with awe and wonderment at the finesse, engineering and casting quality of his work. Its sometimes hard to convey in pictures the true beauty that each set possesses. You need to have one I front of you, holding it close to truly appreciate his talent. He definitely is a high end craftsman and I would have no hesitation in purchasing anything that he was involved with.

Jim

• 1 month later...