Finally uploaded the stash on scalemates

Alright, here's (most) of mine: Stash

Still have to add most aftermarket, decals and stuff.

How did you get that boxart wall pic?

In the menu bar click on "share" and it'll give you several different wallpaper options.

Yea I always wanted the big A-10 before I knew better. Ill build it someday accuracy be damned. I've got a ton of extra bits in there already

Geeze, took days to load most of my kits on there, haven't even begun to load all the AM stuff yet. Only half of my decal collection is in their database. I'm sure there's a few kits I missed, most of this was done from memory.

V/r

Ron

ScalematesStash_zpsa4c92f58.png

Edited by bashace

Same here - how do you add to their database?

The beauty of scalemates is that anyone can contribute. I have fun there.

To add to the database, login, and then on the right hand "action" menu is a button that says "add a product."

Hope this helps!

I've got mine up too, but I'll wait until there's more in there before I share the picture.

Seb, I'm on my way to Slovenia now - you have a lot of things I want. ;P

Only half of my decal collection is in their database.

Hi Ron,

would be interested to know if the decal collection which is missing is from particular companies? If so I could contact these companies and bulk upload the data for you

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Ron,

would be interested to know if the decal collection which is missing is from particular companies? If so I could contact these companies and bulk upload the data for you

Cheers,

Tim

Hi Tim,

There may be as many as 6 different brands, I was going to load them into the database at some point.

V/r

Ron

This is my first time seeing this web site. Is Scalemate's primary purpose to be used for cataloging a stash? Can you print your stash from it or export to Excel? I'm curious on what it can do and if it is worth the effort.

Thanks,

Rodney

Hi Rodney,

Is Scalemate's primary purpose to be used for cataloging a stash?

Cataloging a stash is indeed one of the key features. (although I know some people who use scalemates solely for the search engine and the kit database)

However I wanted to add a bit more arround it. I also allows you to manage your projects (on the bench, ideas) and group multiple products (eg. Revell Kit + Aires cockpit set + TwoBobs Decals + ...). You can attach photoalbums in context of your project...

To see it in practice: Here is my Revell Tornado Project

http://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=10001&p=projects&project=22

Scalemates provides following key tools for modelers:

• Reference Search Engine: Search our massive kit database and articles of 125+ scale modeling websites (including ARC gallery articles + reviews)
  • Stash Management: Keep track of your collection of kits, aftermarket sets and colors.
  • Events Calendar: Plan your next visits to hobby shows, contests or workshops.
  • Hobby Shop Locator: Find hobbyshops near a specific location and check if they are worth the trip.

Can you print your stash from it or export to Excel?.

Not yet! but this feature is almost on top of the TODO list. And people who know scalemates know that it will not take a long time before it is there.

I'm curious on what it can do and if it is worth the effort.

Here I can only say, try it out! I do have very good feedback from modelers using our site who previously kept everything in an Excel sheet or Access database and switched completely to scalemates. Adding items to a stash is a simple click, and because the community helps building the database the chances that your kits are in the database are getting bigger with the day (currently over 88000 kits and aftermarket sets)

In case you have a bigger stash, we have modelers with 1000+ kits in their stash on scalemates. And it remains fast and "overviewable"

Try it out, after adding 20 kits you will see how easy it is. (or if not, you just ask to delete your account. No risk here :)/> )

Kind regards,

Tim

Edited by TimVereecke
Can you print your stash from it or export to Excel?

I have tracked my stash in an excel spreadsheet for years, so I am going the other way. I could really use an excel IMPORT feature!!! :)