Mozambique Peoples Air Force Mig-17

Excellent work. I'm working on one right now, and the fit is challenging, to say the least.

Thanks Fluffy,

Don't let the fit issues discourage you, just fit the intake ring as centered as you can so that when you use putty around it it doesn't look offset when finished. I had to shave the wing slots and mounting tabs as well as the angled portion at the root of the leading edge to get the wings to mount flush with fuselage. It has great lines once you're past all that.

V/r

Ron

Looking good! From your photos, it looks like a kit that I should pick up one of these days.

I don't know of a better 1/48 Mig-17F kit out there despite it's minor flaws.

V/r

Ron

Edited by bashace

Thanks Fluffyk,

The pics are quite elusive for this subject, Gregair emailed me some that helped alot, but they didn't show everything. The news article from the defection story stated the aircraft was in impecable condition with the exception of the tires, so that killed off any major weathering tasks that may have been needed. During the time of the defection the aircraft had painted wing tanks, Clavework Graphics has a color drawing of this aircraft with Aluminum colored wing tanks on it, which is the route I took to give it a little color differential.

V/r

Ron

Claveworks Graphics Link

My link

And the biggest letdown, this particular aircraft didn't have the afterburner, it was an early Mig-17, so my build isn't 100% accurate :bandhead2:/>

V/r

Ron

Here's an interesting pic of Adriano Bomba in the cockpit:

adrianobomba.jpg

The seat looks like it belongs to MiG-17A, but who knows? Maybe it's an "F" that had an earlier seat retrofitted, for some reason?