Eduard Bf 110E Heavy Fighter

I'm happy to add another finished model to the display case. Here is the Eduard Bf 110E in 1/72 scale. This is the ProfiPack version with masks and photo-etch. The masks were a big help with a canopy like this. The kit itself goes together great with no problems. Mr Color paints were used for most painting, except vallejo was used to paint cockpit details. Did both pre-shading and post-shading. This was my first attempt at mottling and I'm happy with how it turned out. Light chipping was done with a silver pencil. Weathering on the exhaust and wheels was done with pigments. Decals are from the kit. While the kit decals performed well, some of the smaller decals are out of register.

Onto the pics:

Bf110e1_zpsf5318701.jpg

Bf110e2_zps436892bf.jpg

Bf110e3_zpsa0cb357e.jpg

Bf110e4_zps83036190.jpg

Bf110e5_zpse05de372.jpg

Bf110e7_zps62394c59.jpg

Bf110e8_zpse9c83444.jpg

Bf110e9_zps330ee84e.jpg

Bf110e10_zpsd7f44fc2.jpg

Bf110e11_zps174defa9.jpg

Thanks,

Rodney

Rodney, just a super build. Flawless painting, and your weathering has that used but not abused look to it. I can see how it's easy to think that the Me 110 is 1/48 not 1/72 scale. The canopy has been polished to a high gloss, then crisply painted, and the kit details are not too thick, and out of scale. Of course your photography with more then enough depth of field creates the illusion of greater size.

Rodney, just a super build. Flawless painting, and your weathering has that used but not abused look to it. I can see how it's easy to think that the Me 110 is 1/48 not 1/72 scale. The canopy has been polished to a high gloss, then crisply painted, and the kit details are not too thick, and out of scale. Of course your photography with more then enough depth of field creates the illusion of greater size.

Thanks Joel. Weathering can be hit or miss for me. Also, I don't really have any references on the 110. Tried to find pics on the internet but most don't show the close up details we want to replicate.

Rodney