CD48046 - A-1E / AD5 Skyraider

I just announced CD48046 on the Web site - this will be the first A-1E & AD5 sheet I will do for the impending re-release of the 1/48 old-Matchbox kit by Revell. I will keep posting more profiles throughout the week as I finalize the sheet.

cd48046draft1.jpg

if you are just going for the interior, then Cobra Company sells it direct from their website and they have great service and the resin is really nice. I don't have that set but I have used a lot of their products.

Zach

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Change of plans: there were so many interesting schemes that I wanted to do, so I decided to separate the USAF/VNAF and USN/USMC schemes into two simultaneous releases. CD48046 will be dedicated to USAF/VNAF A-1Es, and CD48050 will be the second sheet. I am almost done with CD48046, and need a couple hours to finish CD48050.

I will post the final layout and profiles later in the weekend when I finish the second sheet, but here is a draft of the first sheet (there is a second, small black-and-white sheet with serial numbers and smaller elements, not shown). The options on this sheet will be:

- 3 x overall FS16473 early USAF A-1Es: "Carolyn's Folly" (132619), "Miss Pussy Galore" (135007) and Bernie Fisher's aircraft (132649).

- 4 x SEA-camouflaged USAF A-1Es: "Georgia Ann" (TT/135206), "War Monger" (6T/132528), EC/132612 and a Hurlburt Field aircraft (AH/152919).

- 2 x SEA-camouflaged VNAF A-1Es: 132638 and 132503.

cd48046draft.jpg

Note that the new Revell re-release of the old Matchbox 1/48 A-1E is now available in the US, having been released last week.

Edited by KursadA

Change of plans: there were so many interesting schemes that I wanted to do, so I decided to separate the USAF/VNAF and USN/USMC schemes into two simultaneous releases. CD48046 will be dedicated to USAF/VNAF A-1Es, and CD48050 will be the second sheet. I am almost done with CD48046, and need a couple hours to finish CD48050.

I will post the final layout and profiles later in the weekend when I finish the second sheet, but here is a draft of the first sheet (there is a second, small black-and-white sheet with serial numbers and smaller elements, not shown). The options on this sheet will be:

- 3 x overall FS16473 early USAF A-1Es: "Carolyn's Folly" (132619), "Miss Pussy Galore" (135007) and Bernie Fisher's aircraft (132649).

- 4 x SEA-camouflaged USAF A-1Es: "Georgia Ann" (TT/135206), "War Monger" (6T/132528), EC/132612 and a Hurlburt Field aircraft (AH/152919).

- 2 x SEA-camouflaged VNAF A-1Es: 132638 and 132503.

cd48046draft.jpg

Note that the new Revell re-release of the old Matchbox 1/48 A-1E is now available in the US, having been released last week.

------------------

WOW, Very cool KursaDA! :thumbsup:/> I will get at least this sheet with VNAF option! one question can you do a separate sheet for VNAF bird

marking only?...Just like Cutting Edge did that before for A-1H...that will be Super Cools! :woot.gif:/>

Let_models :)/>

• 5 weeks later...

My next batch of releases will start shipping in the next couple of weeks. Here are the profiles for the options on the USAF/VNAF A-1E sheet (CD48046) that will be among them. The Navy/USMC sheet (CD48050) is due next month.

There are nine (three USAF early ADC gray, four USAF SEA camo, two VNAF SEA camo) options on this sheet.

cd48046draft1.jpg

Edited by KursadA
  • 2 weeks later...