Cool 160th SOAR video for you rotor heads

This video was filmed by my friend Jason. It features an MH-47G and a brand-new MH-60M (with 60 hours on it!) based at Joint Base Lewis-McChord fying in formation with "Grumpy", the world's oldest B-25D, owned and operated by the Historic Flight Foundation, and HFF's T-6 Texan as a photo plane.

Let me know what you guys think. I'll pass the comments on to Jason, he'll appreciate them.

Aaron

I assume you were flying it then? I was SO disappointed I did not find out about it till after the fact. No, I'm guessing it won't. I would have given just about anything to see that MH-60M up close...And I would have been able to get some more pics for Floyd of your Chinook too. You guys don't exactly venture out in public very often ya know?

Aaron

I assume you were flying it then? I was SO disappointed I did not find out about it till after the fact. No, I'm guessing it won't. I would have given just about anything to see that MH-60M up close...And I would have been able to get some more pics for Floyd of your Chinook too. You guys don't exactly venture out in public very often ya know?

Aaron

I've been feeding Floyd pics for awhile, the 60 was having a hard time keeping up. You are over near Yakima, right? If so you may hear us over there in 2 weeks

Edited by Hookdriver

Yeah, I'm about 30 miles north in Ellensburg. If you can give me any heads-up to when you're coming over, I'd appreciate it, especially if you are going to refuel at the Yakima airport while you are around. Drop me a PM on here or something. The last time the 60's were heading back from the YTC, they actually filled up here at Bowers Field, but (as luck would have it) I was in Yakima at the time, so I missed them.

Aaron

Man, you 160th guys get all of the cool toys! Looks like Floyd is gonna have to build a new FLIR for the MH147 now!!

That will be a part of the MH-47G conversion. I will need that, new instrument panel, and the IR exhausts. Did I miss anything? I think those parts will be CAD. Ain't that correct Norbert? LOL

Cool video too.

Floyd

Edited by Floyd S. Werner, Jr.

The helos and profiles that I drew for part 2 are a bit out of date. We got a bunch of cool refs for new helos after the 1st set came out, so there will be some helos taken out and others added.

Once some current projects get out, Floyd and I will look at doing the next set. Of course if you all want to buy some extra copies of the first set, that may speed things up a bit. :thumbsup:

mason

That will be a part of the MH-47G conversion. I will need that, new instrument panel, and the IR exhausts. Did I miss anything? I think those parts will be CAD. Ain't that correct Norbert? LOL

Cool video too.

Floyd

Yes, saw the differences on this model

great video I must say, was somebody there with his 500 mm zoom ?

CAD will be a great help for the exhaust, with his inside flower shape...need length, diameter and some more pics Floyd and it will be for you

now that a crew with weapons is comming, I'm slowly thinking the Special Forces GB is too early...

Norbert

• 6 months later...

Here are a few shots of the MH-60M I took.

Q13_1523a-L.jpg

Q13_1519a-L.jpg

Q13_1507a-L.jpg

Q13_1505a-L.jpg

Q13_1494b-L.jpg

Q13_1499b-L.jpg

Interesting. Is it an MH-60M or a new MH-60K? It looks like an M (down-turned blade tips, new step-fairings, etc.) with all the K mods (different nose radar, sensors above the canopy, B pillar sensors, etc., etc.). Thoughts?

Edited by HeavyArty

It's a Mike Gino. Apparently the M's are kind of a "mish-mash" of Lima's and Kilos. They seem to kind of have the best of both worlds. According to what I can find, all K/L's are going to be upgraded to M's...There are not going to be any "new" K's.

This is one of the first MH-60M's with all of the features you talked about

And here is a head-on image of the helo from the video.

1269269_10100217072442273_725436100_o_zpsa9a832f9.jpg

Aaron

Edited by strikeeagle801