Legend B-17F interior set

You mean the ancient Revell kit or the new tooled (that I still haven't seen yet)?

If its the old probably not as that is crap.

If the new and it's anything like the G kit what's the need? The new Revell G kits have the most comprehensive interior of any 72nd B-17. Plus with the way it's designed I highly doubt you could fit anything else in. The bomb bay acts as the wing spars to hold the wings and also connects te radio room and cockpit. It's basically two builds the interior and then the fuselage gets for around it.

I think the legend set was designed for the Hase kits iinm and they have generally no interior.

What scale? If it's 1/48, the Revell kit is your only option for an F.

<edit> Never mind, I looked up the set and it's 1/72. Judging by the pics I found online, the Legends set is designed for the Academy kit..I don't know if it's adaptable to the Revell kit or not. I agree with Hamm..Revell's new-tool B-17 already has a better interior than the Legends set, although the kit parts don't have nearly the finesse..I was very unimpressed with the "chunkiness" of the Revell parts. Some bits like seats and such would benefit from resin replacements. And of course the old Revell kit is only good for nostalgia..it's not a serious scale replica (but then it's a product of the early 60s, and was aimed at pre-teen boys looking for a fun rainy-day project, not serious modelers.)

SN

Edited by Steve N

Hi guys,

thanks for the answers. Looking in to it I would love to build the 1/48 B-17F from Revell, but it will take up to much space. So I will opt for the 1/72 model. I think I will try to get the Legend B-17 pilots to fit.

I will build it as a remembrance to a B-17F Bombardier.

My family adopted the name of 2LT Wendell O. Palmer on the wall of the missinh at Margraten Cemetary here in Holland.

The LT became missing in action during a mission on the 17th of july 1943.

The aircraft will be from the 525BS, 379th BG. Any decals available out there?

Kind regards

Marcel

• 4 weeks later...

Huh? What new tooled one? There's only one Revell 1/48 B-17F, and it dates from 1976/77.

Even if you're not familiar with the Legend set (which is for the Academy 1/72 kit), try reading all the posts? They make it clear what scale is being discussed.

Heck, the post you responded to made clear the kit being discussed was 1/72!

Even if you're not familiar with the Legend set (which is for the Academy 1/72 kit), try reading all the posts? They make it clear what scale is being discussed.

Heck, the post you responded to made clear the kit being discussed was 1/72!

There was a discussion after that post that is now lost in the ether of the forum explosion. Revell does in fact have a new tooled F to go with their new tooled G from a couple years ago. Apparently at the time Jennings had no idea of the new tooled kit. Let's not be harsh.