What's being built?

I'm open for suggestions. I was thinking of starting off with one of my five or so vietnam themed dioramas off with this GB. I have two ideas that are of SOF related. One is some dudes rappelling out the back of a UH-1B, although from the photo I have I can't tell what markings the helo has... The other is Banana 1! :nanner::banana: but really, it's from the Son Tay Raid...

Anyways, tomorrow I'll post some inspiration, at least you helo guys will dig it...

Take care,

Austin

I'll be building a 1/144th USAF C-145 Skytruck. I will use the the Amodel M28 Skytruck kit and scratch build the cargo pod.

I also might build a 1/144th USAF C-146 using the Sasquatch kit.

Edited by John King
  • 4 weeks later...

Starting a 1/35 Scale MH-60l DAP (I'll be watching your build with interest Mason-don't want to muck things up!) I've got the Academy kit, the Cobra Company UH-60 correction set, and the MH-60l conversion, their terrific stencil and decal sets, as well as the M-230 chain gun. I also have the Trumpter Chinook Crew (PLEASE, Somebody come out with a better helmet before I finish this build!) some Trumpeter M-4 cqb and M-4s, Eduard MH-60 interior and UH-60 exterior kits, as well as the UH-1 weapons set for the ammo belts. I may try to scratch the new ESSS that have been spotted on the DAP since around 2009. Looking forward to putting this beastie together. Any comments/corrections/observations will be welcome. Also really looking forward to watching everybody else's builds along the way.

Cheers!

Marc

Austin:

Thanks for the Heads-up ( pun not really intended...) I would GLADLY accept some more LiveResin goodies. I'm strongly considering a pair of Blackhawk m-134 miniguns when he releases them (Werner mentions they are a couple of weeks away in another thread) Got some LiveResin NVGs for the figure to dress them up. All I can say is wow.

Austin:

Thanks for the Heads-up ( pun not really intended...) I would GLADLY accept some more LiveResin goodies. I'm strongly considering a pair of Blackhawk m-134 miniguns when he releases them (Werner mentions they are a couple of weeks away in another thread) Got some LiveResin NVGs for the figure to dress them up. All I can say is wow.

Austin:

Austin:

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Revell 1:48 A-37 that I have had in the stash for at least 10 years. It has decals for the 604th Special Operations Squadron. This will give me a good reason to pull that out of the stash.

Els

I'm seriously considering doing a 1/72 C-160 Transall, French Air Force, from Orléans (61e escadre). They participated in various special ops over the years. It would be a build for a colleague who used to fly them. First, though, I need to finish my two Alpha Jets!

ALF

I'll be building a 1/72 Hase B-17G as Tondalayo from the night leaflet squadron. Matt black finish with nice noseart.

Should be a quick build since the paint job is real easy!

Probably will be a lil while till I start it though.

K

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...