C-130E Combat Talon

Hi, All,

I'd like to join the build with a 1/72 replica of one of an original C-130E Combat Talon special ops aircraft - aircraft 64-0555 based at Nha Trang, Vietnam in 1971. I'm using the Italeri C-130E/H kit plus Flightpath nose conversion and detail sets, and added scratchbuilt details. Below are some pictures of my progress so far. Comments and suggestions are welcome and appreciated. Thanks for looking :)

Cheers,

Russ

DSC01241_zps2640d556.jpg

DSC01224_zps7a9ee22a.jpg

DSC01376_zpsd656ed95.jpg

DSC01377_zps9f492ab1.jpg

• 1 month later...

Is the gear bay scratch built? It looks very nice!

Thanks, RKic! Yes, they are scratch built. It would have taken more work to modify the ones in the kit. However, I couldn't find clear enough pictures of the hubs at the bottom of the gear struts so I left them as they came in the kit.

Cheers,

Russ

Edited by striker8241

Any progress? I love the SpecOps-versions of the Herk and I´m happy to call a finished MC-130E my own.

HAJO

Hi, HAJO,

No, I've been at a work stoppage for some time now due to RLI (real life issues). I hope to start in again this weekend. BTW, I'd love to see your MC-130E. Can you post a link or post some pictures here?

Cheers,

Russ

Russ, I made a work in progress in a german forum, but for some reason the pictures of the 8 year old threat are gone.

I was able to find this picture of the nearly finished aircraft.

TalonLight2.jpg

As you can see, I put some LEDs in it.

Thanks, Hajo. It's slow going right now though - I'm building the nav's console and the back part of the crew cabin and there's not much information available. I've only found two pictures so far that I can use for measurements. I hope to have some progress to show by the end of the week.

Cheers,

Russ

• 4 weeks later...