S-3B Viking VX-30 Bloodhounds CAG

Having a few Vikings in the stash, been waiting for the proper time to crack one open. This will be my first Viking in 1/48 scale, so she has to be eye candy. I will be doing the CAG bird for the VX-30 Bloodhounds, it's about the closest to the Jolly Rogers colors your going to get, but with a three headed dog instead of bones. Anyways, enough jabber, here's the goods for the build. I know there's some heartburn out there about Rhino products, but this is what came in the kit when I bought it off evilbay.

V/r

Ron

775a0957-6a33-4b9a-851b-f0cf011cf198_zpsf7a35821.jpg

IMG_0490_zpsd41bdca7.jpg

05f1c2e6-588d-45b2-b4a9-ce69e0d6b3d3_zps1c441d7c.jpg

Good stuff. I've seen that bird in person a few times, really sharp looking!

On a side note, I have a parts bird that I plan on converting to a US-3"B"...stretched and widened fuselage, cargo ramp, MLG sponsons...oh yeah!

Good stuff. I've seen that bird in person a few times, really sharp looking!

On a side note, I have a parts bird that I plan on converting to a US-3"B"...stretched and widened fuselage, cargo ramp, MLG sponsons...oh yeah!

Sounds like an ambitious project, you going to do that for this GB?

V/r

Ron

You're not wasting any time on this, cool!

I must admit, I do think that VX-30 is really on the edge of the GB subject, but since these Vikings are still being used to hunt ships, I'll allow it. And because I like those markings. :)

• 4 weeks later...

WOW!

That is amazing work! Is the fit of this kit as good as you make it look?

Thank you for sharing!

Thanks Wayfarer, the kit actually goes together surprisingly well. There's a couple areas that needed a little carefull attention but nothing major.

V/r

Ron

• 3 months later...

Getting back in the saddle with this project, have most of the general assembly completed, need to finish painting/detailing cockpit so the canopy can be mounted, then sanding/masking can commence for the primer coat.

V/r

Ron

IMG_0661_zps8ca488f4.jpg

I have been watching your build, very nice! :thumbsup:/>/> You inspired me to start one of my S-3s, pics to follow. Check your refs, I think the middle antenna on the spine is US-3 specific. I have pics of both of the sheet's A/C, I will double check...

Can you post close up pics of the Steel Beech slime lights? I don't need them for my current build, but I am thinking about getting them for my next.

Following your build with interest,

mason

Edited by doupnik

I have been watching your build, very nice! :thumbsup:/>/>/> You inspired me to start one of my S-3s, pics to follow. Check your refs, I think the middle antenna on the spine is US-3 specific. I have pics of both of the sheet's A/C, I will double check...

Can you post close up pics of the Steel Beech slime lights? I don't need them for my current build, but I am thinking about getting them for my next.

Following your build with interest,

mason

Thanks Mason, here's a couple of Slime Light shots...

IMG_0662_zps8a0ad558.jpg

IMG_0663_zpsb7a44e13.jpg

Thanks Mason, here's a couple of Slime Light shots...

IMG_0662_zps8a0ad558.jpg

IMG_0663_zpsb7a44e13.jpg

Awesome! That is exactly what I wanted to see.

I was wondering if they were slimelights to put on because the kit doesn't have them or if they are to color someone's, Eduards?, aftermarket mounts.

Thank you :thumbsup:

mason

• 2 weeks later...