AMX A-1B - Duarte - 1/48

• 4 weeks later...

This plane is one of my country preferred project,especially the two-seater,and I've to admitt that the Brazilian camo is far more interesting of the Italian's one!

But because producer like Italeri don't made a plastic kit?

I follow with interest an,by the way,good job so far!

Cheers,

Gianni.

Gianni,

Few years ago, some Brazilians modelers decided to write a formal letter to Italeri requesting an AMX Model. Before they send this letter they announced it on some modeling internet forums in Brazil and asked for signing...

I've heard those modelers send those letter with few thousand signatures requesting for AMX injected plastic to Italeri and... they did it again and again.

One day they Italery sent to them a letter:

PLEASE DON'T SEND ANOTHER LETTER WE WON'T PRODUCE IT!

End of story... :crying:/>

Edited by Motta
  • 5 months later...

Motta,

A very interesting build of the AMX A-1B, a rather unique aircraft, and in resin no less. I'll be following your build with great interest, as I've yet to try a all resin kit. Even though each seat took a full day to complete. The end results were well worth the effort and time. They look absolutely great.

Joel

Many thanks Joel!

The trick is... if you are bored with a project... open a new box! Nothing is better than a new kit!!! :banana:

So when you are bored with the new project... back to the old one!

• 1 month later...

Few years ago, some Brazilians modelers decided to write a formal letter to Italeri requesting an AMX Model. Before they send this letter they announced it on some modeling internet forums in Brazil and asked for signing...

I've heard those modelers send those letter with few thousand signatures requesting for AMX injected plastic to Italeri and... they did it again and again.

One day they Italery sent to them a letter:

PLEASE DON'T SEND ANOTHER LETTER WE WON'T PRODUCE IT!

End of story... :crying:

Aw, don't be too sad 'bout that, my 'zilian mate, as it was just the same with us down here in Buenos Aires. :rolleyes: Y'know I bothered to gather an almost two-hundred-and-fifty-thousand-sign petition to Airfix in order to fuel a sincere interest in the development of a 1/48th scale injection moulded Vulcan B.2 kit, but the blokes ne'er bothered to even reply back to me, as they did to ya.

It's great to see modellers unite in such a campaign, tho. :) Currently we're still waitin' on Mr Gerald Elliot's vac-form example to be released... next year, perhaps?

Cheers,

Unc²

• 6 months later...

Many thanks, Unc²!

I've heard Kinetic will release the AMX kit in 1/48 soo!!! :woot.gif:/>

I have been far from my workbench for while... but here is the last update so far:

AMXA-1B5_zps2ce576e2.jpg

I know it is not too much but better this than nothing...

• 2 months later...
  • 7 years later...