• 1 month later...

Looks good with the added detail.

Benner told me to tell you that you need to remove that diamond shaped bump next to the gun. It's not there on real A-10's anymore. Also, Benner says you need to move that little blade antenna, between the circle and the grill on the gun fairing, further aft and next to the gun fairing,just about in front of that little panel with the 4 holes. :)/>

the diamond shaped bump on the nose and tail is the ALR-46 radar warning receiver. All serials from 78-582 on had the ALR-69 (the dual receivers on the nose and tail)

from serials 78-622, the lower AN/ARC-164 UHF antenna was moved further back than the position under the gun

Edited by Benner

thanks for the tip on moving the antenna backwards - I haven't checked the references about that yet, as I have more basic stuff to do first like puttying, sanding and restoring lost panel lines plus riveting. If Ben would check my article, he would have seen I pointed out that the diamond shaped lump has to go ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I've mentioned in the previous posts but in case if you've missed it - Model represents A-10A used by 74th FS during Operation Allied Force. This jet was hit in the right engine by a shoulder launched missile over Kosovo but managed to make a safe emergency landing at an airport near Skopje, Macedonia. The stricken bird was then repaired there and my best bet is the engine came from Davis-Monthan AFB, taken from one of the out of service A-10s, that was still painted in Euro-1 camouflage scheme. Smaller shrapnel damage was temporarily fixed on site and oversprayed with dark Grey colour. I am not sure about the right wing airbrake though - wether it was replaced due to battle damage or was it replaced before this incident - one reference photo of this part of the wing, shows it darker colour then the wing.

The 3-man group build lives on!

Excellent work on the A-10. Following the story with the BDR spare engine in Euro I and speed brake is awesome. Breaks up the normal scheme and adds character.

Congrats!

Jeff

thanks guys

The Hog has been since weathered and flat coated... Ordnance has been prepared, with only one Maverick still to be finished (one was fired during the mission). If the skies don't come falling down on us, she'll be finished by the deadline.