AMK will release a MiG-31!

Although, I'd also expect the BM to support RVV-SD (R-77 derivative) on the wing pylons?

In theory it does, yes. In practice, yet to see operational RVV-SD on MiG-31BM or on any operational RuAF plane for that matter.

• 3 months later...

I thought people might be interested to see some progress, so here is two pictures of test shots R-33 missiles;

8plzm0e.jpg

crrIgGr.jpg

Other missiles has been tested too, and the project is progressing well. Quality pictures will be posted on FB at some point later. Majority of issues i have pointed out previously has been fixed. :)

If anyone has suggestions for MiG-31B markings, fire away.

I am salivating !

Not specific to a certain aircraft but I want to have options for all the "eras" for the decals. One from Soviet times, one for Russian AF prior to the star change and one after the star change (current). Also, Kazakh AF may be interesting for some but not for me.

I managed to pick up their L-29 and it is very very nice so this release should be comparable.

I know almost next to nothing about the MiG 31 and I am very glad I missed out on the Lindberg kit. Even if I did, it would still be on the shelf so lucky me.

Now the hunt begins for some interesting schemes. I am a sucker for camo so I am hoping some user of the MiG 31 had some sort of "not grey" scheme.

Luckily there are a bunch of good detail shots around of both the B but also the BM and the different IP and other details.

I like www.airforce.ru check out the forums!!Its in Russian but the picture are pretty good!!

I thought people might be interested to see some progress, so here is two pictures of test shots R-33 missiles;

8plzm0e.jpg

crrIgGr.jpg

Other missiles has been tested too, and the project is progressing well. Quality pictures will be posted on FB at some point later. Majority of issues i have pointed out previously has been fixed. :)/>

If anyone has suggestions for MiG-31B markings, fire away.

Yes Mr.Berkut, you be right, we are very much interested in seeing an update. Thank you sir.

If i am honest i think there is no point in trying doing another new tool Foxbat now. I am certain that AMK would have done a more accurate Foxbat than what KH has done. (i hope no one has problem with me saying that; as no one would have a problem if i said Tamiya makes better kits than Trumpeter ;)/>)

And KH is clearly going to do recon versions.

I will ask about R-40TD's and R-60's to be sure, but preliminary answer is: yes, they will be included along with very possibly R-73's. Cockpit wise i don't know the situation, it is possibly too early to tell as you might see from the CADs, shapes are there but detailwork is lacking at this point.

And the CAD's are still open to critique. I will post a few more later today. :cheers:/>

Why on Earth would you say there's no point doing another new tool Foxbat? There's PLENTY of room for another new tool Foxbat in 1/48th and 1/32nd even other scales. Plenty of room seeing as KH made a mess of theirs. I can't really understand why we're getting another Mig 31 when most people I've seen want a new accurate Foxbat.

I kind of like the fact we're getting two Mig-31's. One is bound to be better than the other and it lets the consumer pick. AMK did an okay job with the KFIR and the last round of Hobby Boss kits I've bought have been pretty good.

I am salivating !

Not specific to a certain aircraft but I want to have options for all the "eras" for the decals. One from Soviet times, one for Russian AF prior to the star change and one after the star change (current). Also, Kazakh AF may be interesting for some but not for me.

Something like that... :)

Now the hunt begins for some interesting schemes. I am a sucker for camo so I am hoping some user of the MiG 31 had some sort of "not grey" scheme.

I am afraid you are out of luck then, they are all grey. The only non-grey one is b/n 903 which was a demonstration frame for export.

Berkut,

Missiles look wicked! Can't wait to see more! As for markings, this would be cool:

It is cool but the question is whether it is BS or "vanilla" frame. If it is not included in the kit, i have no doubt Begemot will step up. They have absolutely beautiful decal sheet for MiG-31 in 1/72 with 50 (!) options and one of them is that one.

Why on Earth would you say there's no point doing another new tool Foxbat? There's PLENTY of room for another new tool Foxbat in 1/48th and 1/32nd even other scales. Plenty of room seeing as KH made a mess of theirs. I can't really understand why we're getting another Mig 31 when most people I've seen want a new accurate Foxbat.

1: I made that comment 1.5 years ago, shortly after the release of KH kit. It would be silly to release a kit in trail of the KH kit, no matter what one thinks of the kit (and i dont think highly of it at all); i am sure it sold. Better to wait after the sea has settled...

2: It is my opinion, deal with it.

3: "Another MiG-31"? I assume you mean the announced Trumpeter kit, but it is:

a - Unreleased.

b - Unknown just how advanced the project is at this stage. Trumpeter has a habit of announcing stuff (with no CAD's or anything shown) many years before actually releasing it.

c - There is a big question just how accurate the Trumpeter kit will be.

4: This is offtopic, and i frankly don't care about discussing this further. :)

Does this mean I don't have to figure out what to do in order to correct the Lindberg kits that I have? I immediately thought of red 27 with the orca when schemes were mentioned.

Cheers,

Dave

There is zero chance I will ever buy another KH Foxbat (I bought one and sold it immediately). There is *every* chance I would buy more than one *accurate* kit of the Foxbat from AMK or any other manufacturer who is willing to do their homework and design a decent kit.

Berkut,

Since you seem to have inside information, do you know if they're going ahead with there 1/48th scale F-14?

Brad

I haven't discussed anything but MiG-31 with them. If i did; i wouldn't share it.