AMK will release a MiG-31!

Those intakes would look great with a shark mouth a la Tu-22M... too bad I don't build what if models!

Regards,

Yeah, if I have any issue at all with a Mig-31 kit, it was the relative lack of imagination when it came to schemes. I suspect that I'll end up doing a retro splinter or other nationality 'what if' to scratch that itch. Sorry, purists, I promise I will keep it locked up at home!

Yeah, if I have any issue at all with a Mig-31 kit, it was the relative lack of imagination when it came to schemes. I suspect that I'll end up doing a retro splinter or other nationality 'what if' to scratch that itch. Sorry, purists, I promise I will keep it locked up at home!

Hey AMK, can we agree on bannaning this guy from getting his hands on this kit? :)

xSnitVt.jpg

Note the two oil streaks under the stbd engine, just in front of the NMF section. A lot of Foxhounds seem to have similar streaking in the same location; I can see how it'd get misinterpreted as a panel line.

(also interesting to note the 'oil canning' around the same section. that'll be tricky to pull off)

Yeah, if I have any issue at all with a Mig-31 kit, it was the relative lack of imagination when it came to schemes.

I mean, he's not wrong. You can either have Red and white stars, Red blue and white stars, or red and yellow stars with a bird in front of them. That's pretty much the sum-total of variety in Foxhound paint schemes. Thankfully, I actually really love the overall superiority grey (so I'm allowed to buy a kit ;)), but it would probably look kinda cool in a Foxbat recce camo.

If you want a model of an airplane with multiple and varied color schemes, buy a 737. If you want a model of an utterly unique airplane in the history of aviation, by the MiG-31.

I mean, he's not wrong. You can either have Red and white stars, Red blue and white stars, or red and yellow stars with a bird in front of them. That's pretty much the sum-total of variety in Foxhound paint schemes. Thankfully, I actually really love the overall superiority grey (so I'm allowed to buy a kit ;)/>/>), but it would probably look kinda cool in a Foxbat recce camo.

I remember seeing a Mig 31 in a very nice blue and grey color scheme on an old World Air power Journal article. I am not sure what version it was though. I am looking for it.

EDIT: Found it. It's a MIG-31E export version with a very cool blue over light grey with a darker grey radome cone.

Edited by pookie

I remember seeing a Mig 31 in a very nice blue and grey color scheme on an old World Air power Journal article. I am not sure what version it was though. I am looking for it.

EDIT: Found it. It's a MIG-31E export version with a very cool blue over light grey with a darker grey radome cone.

This one?

Mikoyan-Gurevich_MiG-31E_at_MAKS_2005.jpg

Mark

Nice to see the Mig-31 coming along.

Be happy to grab one or two.

Most amusing thread to see quite a few guys who have hammered Trumpeter over rivets and deep panel lens over the years now being happy with what look like from the test shots very heavy going.

I guess Leopards can change their rivets.

They need to refine those panel lines fast or the F-14 series will struggle against the almost thirty year old Hasegawa kit.

You might get away with heavy panel lines on a big Russian Cold War fighter but not on any F-14 will you.

Still hope to see what the final product looks like as photos can traditionally blow panels out of proportion..well unless it's a Revell Sitfire anyway!

Keep up the good work AMK.

If you want a model of an airplane with multiple and varied color schemes, buy a 737. If you want a model of an utterly unique airplane in the history of aviation, by the MiG-31.

Do you have to be sour about even about a comment that was intended in a humorous manner? Obviously I'm not taking a hobby seriously enough.....

xSnitVt.jpg

And just because it is a cool angle:

rynB9v1.jpg

It really is a brutal looking aircraft, guaranteed to be a showpiece when finished. Despite my desire for colour, that blue scheme is a bit, errrr, naff... it reminds me of the colour AeroPostal painted the insides of their 727's back in the late 90's. Can't get an eastern European scheme out of my head

Hi everyone,

Just to be clear that the panel lines are not as heavy as the photographs may have them appear.

I assure you that the F-14 (underway as we speak) will be appropriate.

We strive for quality and to become THE leading name in plastic model kits. The only way to achieve that is to use the most up-to-date technology and to listen to our fellow modellers. Providing quality through innovation and technology is the key.

Well, having the best tool engineer in the business also helps :)

Hi everyone,

Just to be clear that the panel lines are not as heavy as the photographs may have them appear.

I assure you that the F-14 (underway as we speak) will be appropriate.

We strive for quality and to become THE leading name in plastic model kits. The only way to achieve that is to use the most up-to-date technology and to listen to our fellow modellers. Providing quality through innovation and technology is the key.

Well, having the best tool engineer in the business also helps :)/>

That is great to hear. Very eager to have Mig-31 model.

I know I am like an old broken record but I wonder whether you guys would consider more "exotic" subjects like Mig 1.44 or Su-47 in 1/48?

That is great to hear. Very eager to have Mig-31 model.

I know I am like an old broken record but I wonder whether you guys would consider more "exotic" subjects like Mig 1.44 or Su-47 in 1/48?

Maybe a pop type broken record? :monkeydance:

No, its fine. I don't think we will be doing any esoteric designs simply because they don't sell. Besides, we have some awesome ideas for the next few months already written out so we're running at full pelt right now.

I think you will like our ideas and I respectfully suggest you watch this space.......

To add to Charles comment...

I built the L-29 for review in Finescale Modeler. Wonderful little kit, with only a couple of small niggles (Which were probably builder induced) I am REALLY looking forward to this kit of the Mig-31. The pictures look fantastic so far!!

Bring it on!!!

M