AMK will release a MiG-31!

would die for a MIG 31 FIREFOX straight from the 1980s movie.

There have been a few from various resin manufacturers over the years. Anigrand released a 1/48 kit this year. For a fictional vehicle from a relatively little-known, 30 year old film, that's pretty much the best you can expect to get. Nobody's going to sink the money into licensing and tooling an injected plastic kit of a subject that is likely to sell, at best, a few hundred copies.

There have been a few from various resin manufacturers over the years. Anigrand released a 1/48 kit this year. For a fictional vehicle from a relatively little-known, 30 year old film, that's pretty much the best you can expect to get. Nobody's going to sink the money into licensing and tooling an injected plastic kit of a subject that is likely to sell, at best, a few hundred copies.

Id buy 2 so 102, the anigrand apparently has some inaccuracies and is a scaled up version of their 1/72

Edited by DarkKnight

I have to say that those weapons and pylons look sensational. Shame about the limitations of injection moulding for the grid tails of one of the types (definitely not a criticism of AMK's efforts ) but I'm sure that one of the clever aftermarket companies will come up with a way of reproducing that.

A couple of quick questions if I may, how will the cockpit be rendered, just using injection moulded styrene or will you be offering any photo etch, and also will there be any multimedia parts in the box for other details?

Cheers

Well for a start it's not a little known film amongst aircraft enthusiasts as that aircraft although fictional is quite famous especially by the main age group who build models (middle aged and older]. Everyone's heard of the FIREFOX and secondly I doubt the licensing fees would be very high for that too. People have said the same thing about other subjects and that they'd never sell. for instance many people over the years have said a newly tooled Eagle from Space 1999 (that 40 year old series) would never sell, yet a company called Round 2 [you might just have heard of them) are releasing an all new highly detailed large kit of it in styrene. I've seen many people on various sites over the years saying they'd love a Firefox in plastic.

Yeah, I can't see an injection molded kit of a fictional "fighter" from a very "B" movie made 30+ years ago being a real barn burner. No one under 50 has ever heard of it.

Well, I'm under 50 and I've heard of Firefox. Even watched the movie. Not too hot for a kit though.

Aoshima did kits of Blue Thunder and Airwolf. Wonder how those did sales-wise though.

Mark

Yeah, I can't see an injection molded kit of a fictional "fighter" from a very "B" movie made 30+ years ago being a real barn burner. No one under 50 has ever heard of it.

The movie wasn't that brilliant (the end dogfight was great though) but I think there's probably quite a few people under 50 (myself included) who've heard of it and it's a fairly well known film for a certain generation with an A list star. And we're not talking the general public here we're talking aircraft enthusiasts and I bet you most of them/us have heard of it. People often say certain things won't sell and they're sometimes proved wrong.

I bet there's also a lot of Russian aircraft enthusiasts who'd buy it too not to mention sci fi modellers who like fantastical aircraft.

OK would you please read the title of this thread. No Wishlist! (also mean, no talks about fictional AC that share same denomination)

it's been that way for most 28 pages of this threat and would like it continue that way.

and for the benefits of all, it would be very nice if all those unrelated posts where deleted by their authors. that would keep this topic "on topic" ...for other subjects, use the "start new topic" button.

i'll then remove this post also

thanks

simon

Edited by mingwin

People often say certain things won't sell and they're sometimes proved wrong.

I think if you ask most model kit manufacturers you'll find the opposite is far more often true however.

I have to say that those weapons and pylons look sensational. Shame about the limitations of injection moulding for the grid tails of one of the types (definitely not a criticism of AMK's efforts ) but I'm sure that one of the clever aftermarket companies will come up with a way of reproducing that.

A couple of quick questions if I may, how will the cockpit be rendered, just using injection moulded styrene or will you be offering any photo etch, and also will there be any multimedia parts in the box for other details?

Cheers

Plastic and photo etched parts sir.

There will be some PE in the cockpit, but for most part it is out of plastic. (which is much better imho)

Do you perhaps know if vertical side wall cockpit parts are included? Currently there's this empty space between the cockpit tub and the fuselage so I hope there's more to come.

for that price, I will buy it, even if I won't ever build it due to lack of space (72nd scale modeller)... Supporting a young model company turning out such a great kit seems good enough reason to do so.

Sebastijan,

You have a 1/72 MIG-31 promised then! :D :D

Cheers!

Sio

Do you perhaps know if vertical side wall cockpit parts are included? Currently there's this empty space between the cockpit tub and the fuselage so I hope there's more to come.

Don't worry! You will see that soon! :D :D