AMK will release a MiG-31!

Pretty picky I know, but any chance of some Tamiya / Gunze etc equivalencies on those paint charts?

Too bad that suggestion was blown off by the "company" by leaving it up to "clever modelers" to figure it out.

Gene K

Edited by Gene K

Too bad that suggestion was blown off by the "company" by leaving it up to "clever modelers" to figure it out.

Gene K

Hey Gene,

What I said was this: " I think the modeller is clever enough to work out the colours for themselves with help using our FS references".

This means that we believe that the modeller, including you, is more than capable of making decisions based on their preference of "Fading" "distance" "colour distortion" blah blah.

I haven't "blown off" anyone. Especially not singling out those who might be clever against anyone else.

If we add codes for Gunze, where do we stop? RAL? Xtracrylics? Model Master? AK? Revell? Tamiya? Lifecolor? Vallejo? do I need to go on to AK? AKAN? Humbrol? Pantone?

Besides, there are more important things going on in the world tonight. I am sorry you misunderstood (totally) what I had written.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

After 2 years it feels almost unbelievable that the kit is finally here, but it is. :) Production kits 00001, 00002 and 00003;

xf8VnjT.jpg

WRGpilk.jpg

I will be starting a build thread in a few days and Sebastijan will also be doing a build thread/blog (he is much better at documenting and taking pictures than me) Hopefully that will convince some more people that were on the fence to order this truly fantastic kit. :)

If there is anyone that want any detail pictures of anything in particular i will be happy to oblige.

If anyone wants to pre-order it can be done for example at these shops for example;

http://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/8regiuv3loszxyuct7wh.html?t=1446819970?t=1447687132

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?item_no=AMK-88003

http://www.redstarscalemodels.com/product-p/88003.htm

(I am not in any way affiliated with any of these shops)

I can only share pictures of those if you buy Su-27UB canopy from me. ;):deadhorse1:

Seriously though, here is a picture;

4N1bq5M.jpg

I will look into getting more lamps etc so that the pictures are better. The decals are very nice and while i have obviously not used them yet the decal film looks very nice and thin. Stencils are nicely printed too and i think one would be able to read even the smallest stencils under magnifying glass, if one can read Russian or wants to... PE is nothing special, there are handles for the K-36 ejection seat and X shaped part that is for periscope on rear canopy.

Edited by Berkut

After 2 years it feels almost unbelievable that the kit is finally here, but it is. :)/> Production kits 00001, 00002 and 00003;

xf8VnjT.jpg

I think Sebastijn should have got kit #1... :monkeydance:

You know what, I would have saves that box for ebay in 10 years it will make you rich :D/>

Only if you find a buyer two buyers named 'Anton'. :woot.gif: