AMK will release a MiG-31!

Reading comprehension is hard, oh so hard.

Jennings,

What a misunderstanding here................. :D/>/> :D/>/>

We had CAD of the early version MIG-31, the B/BS version. And, we will release it a few months later than this BM/BSM version.

Cheers!

Sio

The MIG-31DZ early can be but from the B/BS version which will be released in a few months. As Berkut states, only small changes need to be made to achieve this change. Any major cockpit components will be included in the kit.

Sorry, if I'm still confused, but there is confusing information going on here. I'm going to copy and paste directly from Sio's email from about four hours ago:

"Hi, Jennings,

I think the early CAD image shown in ARC, may have these bigger pylons.

In our Facebook, only independent missiles are shown.

The differences between the 2 variants are not only those point out by BERKUT in ARC, but also the cockpit panels, bigger pylons, and missiles.

Missiles of BM version are, R-33, R-73, and R-77.

Missiles of B version are, R-33, R-40, and R-60.

Cheers!

Sio"

All those quotes are literally on the page you linked to. Why do you think the early CAD's clearly had the "vanilla" version and why do you think they tooled R-40T(D)? Sigh...

You must have asked gazillion times already whether there will be a vanilla/early version. What part of "YES" is it hard to understand?

:bandhead2:/> :bandhead2:/> :bandhead2:/>

Edited by Berkut

icr59g.jpg

Only a couple of weeks ago it was specifically stated by Martin that they won't release the early MiG-31 kit, only the MiG-31B/BS so I don't get the point of your post..

Edit: perhaps it was not Martin directly, but Jennings posting Martin or Sio's email:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=268233&view=findpost&p=2754475

Hi, neither Sio nor I have said we will not do an early version. In fact we have said a few times that we would.

Let it be known that an early version is coming from this point onwards :)/>

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

Hi, neither Sio nor I have said we will not do an early version. In fact we have said a few times that we would.

Let it be known that an early version is coming from this point onwards :)/>/>

So i take it there wont be an early MiG-31 version?!? Why AMK, oh why. :( :( :(

(Also, care to join the chatroom for a second Martin?)

I saw a build starting on VVS modeling site. I kind of had it in mind that I was going to buy the kit. Now I know for sure I am! You guys are killing my bank account!!! Now with a 12/1/15 release date, I think we already know what the kit of the year is in 1/48th!

Now we already know there's a new F14("A" I hope)in 2016, and a new Mig25 coming. Where do you go from there Martin? (not a wish list)

gary

Martin, a quick question - why are the external areas of the engines moulded with detail if they are then glued inside the engine? I am certainly not complaining, as clearly there is the possibility of some using it as a basis for superdetailing or as a diorama, but for the 'base' kit it seems a little superfluous. Is there the intention to offer something that this will be used with in the future, or was it your design guys just enjoying thier job?!

Over on Britmodeller there is also a comment on how swapping two (apparently) identical parts, G11 and G12, results in a build that covers up a couple of ejector pin marks, maybe useful for a tweak to the instructions?

Thanks for bringing this kit out, I look forward to it being available in Australia - no word on that as yet, but my wife has pointed to the boxes on the shelf so maybe that's good for a happy marriage!

Les

http://ipmsnymburk.com/forum/pictforclanek/1448189998.jpg

"Main landing gear assembly design looks complicated, but builds rather well. I've had difficulties because the bottom of the test shot's wheel wells lacked the parts to align the landing gear, via pin and groove, so I had to improvise.

You need to pay attention to the correct orientation and relative position of all parts."

http://ipmsnymburk.com/forum/pictforclanek/1448190028.jpg

"Somewhat annoying, the mudguard (maybe maybe NLG door? translates as 'front wing', 'fender' or 'dashboard'**) did not fit into the two mounts, the pin pointing upwards was short, and so I just stuck to the rear edge of the rear-facing mount.

Mudguard also doesn't reach the axis of the wheels."

http://ipmsnymburk.com/forum/pictforclanek/1448190043.jpg

"The mounts for the mudguard are here."

**Taking the last two together, I think the issue is that the vertical pin for attaching the mudguard is too short, so he could only attach it via the one horizontal pin. But I could be wrong.

All those quotes are literally on the page you linked to. Why do you think the early CAD's clearly had the "vanilla" version and why do you think they tooled R-40T(D)? Sigh...

You must have asked gazillion times already whether there will be a vanilla/early version. What part of "YES" is it hard to understand?

Look man, having a vanilla variant CAD is not the same as actually deciding to release it separately, especially since the differences between it and the B/BS are minimal; if you check your post on the same page, you were explaining me how to convert the B/BS to the early or DZ variant. Why were we talking about this if it was so obvious that they would release the separate early variant boxing? Besides, B/BS uses R-40TD missile so I don't get that argument neither. (Sigh..)

So, pretty please with cream on top for the stupid one (me), just to be absolutely clear and without misunderstandings, the AMK will release three boxings then (i.e. early, B/BS and the current BM/BMS)? Because, silly and stubborn as I am, I can't shake the impression that they are releasing two boxings only as only one date is given (so, B/BS and BM/BMS) and that there is a misuse of the terms early <==> B/BS going on here.

Edited by ijozic

http://ipmsnymburk.com/forum/pictforclanek/1448189998.jpg

"Main landing gear assembly design looks complicated, but builds rather well. I've had difficulties because the bottom of the test shot's wheel wells lacked the parts to align the landing gear, via pin and groove, so I had to improvise.

You need to pay attention to the correct orientation and relative position of all parts."

http://ipmsnymburk.com/forum/pictforclanek/1448190028.jpg

"Somewhat annoying, the mudguard (maybe maybe NLG door? translates as 'front wing', 'fender' or 'dashboard'**) did not fit into the two mounts, the pin pointing upwards was short, and so I just stuck to the rear edge of the rear-facing mount.

Mudguard also doesn't reach the axis of the wheels."

http://ipmsnymburk.com/forum/pictforclanek/1448190043.jpg

"The mounts for the mudguard are here."

**Taking the last two together, I think the issue is that the vertical pin for attaching the mudguard is too short, so he could only attach it via the one horizontal pin. But I could be wrong.

Unbuildable!

For everyone B/BS IS early MiG-31. If you want to backtrack it even more, do what i said in the comment you are referring to. If you want a really really really really early MiG-31 just get MiG-25 or something. :rolleyes:

But yes, the boxings will be BM/BSM and B/BS because B/BS IS for all intents and purposes early. Again, if one is picky and want to backtrack it even more, do what i said in the comment you are referring to. There is 0 logical reason to release an early early early MiG-31 boxing like you demand to.

:deadhorse1: :deadhorse1: :deadhorse1:

Except for the early pylons and completely different missiles which are not in the current boxing, which means you cannot build an early production 1980s vintage Foxhound from it.

Not sure what your problem is Berkut, but you really, really need to get over yourself.

Edited by Jennings

Except for the early pylons and completely different missiles which are not in the current boxing, which means you cannot build an early production 1980s vintage Foxhound from it.

SRSLY? You're just trolling now, aren't you.

The early-model parts aren't in the (just released) late-model boxing because the late-model boxing is of the late model aircraft, not the early model aircraft. The early-model parts will be in the early-model boxing, which AMK are releasing, in the future.

If you want an even earlier model than the early-model boxing provides, then shave off four tiny little blisters of plastic, install three short lengths of wire, omit one aerial and one mirror, then use either the refueling probe insert or the non-refueling probe insert, depending on just how early you want your model to be.

Not sure what your problem is Berkut, but you really, really need to get over yourself.

Ha!

Edited by MoFo

For everyone B/BS IS early MiG-31. If you want to backtrack it even more, do what i said in the comment you are referring to. If you want a really really really really early MiG-31 just get MiG-25 or something. :rolleyes:/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>/>

But yes, the boxings will be BM/BSM and B/BS because B/BS IS for all intents and purposes early. Again, if one is picky and want to backtrack it even more, do what i said in the comment you are referring to. There is 0 logical reason to release an early early early MiG-31 boxing like you demand to.

Well, if you as a MiG-31 expert consider the early 90's MiG-31B/BS the "early" MiG-31, rather than the initial variant (and/or DZ) which served the whole decade before it, I rest my case, but why don't you just refer to it by its full name (just add the "B") then rather than adding to the confusion? I'm sure you can do better than "early early early MiG-31" to refer to the initial variant.

Yes, AMK said they will be releasing the B/BS boxing weeks ago, but also that they do not plan to release the initial variant. So, when Jennings said yesterday that he has some NEWS and that AMK will be releasing the "early" variant as well and MoFo celebrated the news, it left the impression of another boxing being announced, even though I was suspecting that (as I said "if so"). So, instead of clearing up the confusion, you just contributed to it by referring to the MiG-31B/BS as the "early" one and attacking me, thanks.

As for the reasons for releasing the separate boxing, I can think of several reasons, like having variant specific decals out of the box, potential slight cockpit differences if any, but first and foremost that I would rather not have to sand anything off of this exceptional model kit or have to craft the missing parts. But, I certainly never "demanded" it like you insinuate. You probably take it personally as you participated in this project (and thanks for that), but these confusing sarcastic posts and the high-horse attitude are really not helping.

Edited by ijozic

Martin, a quick question - why are the external areas of the engines moulded with detail if they are then glued inside the engine? I am certainly not complaining, as clearly there is the possibility of some using it as a basis for superdetailing or as a diorama, but for the 'base' kit it seems a little superfluous. Is there the intention to offer something that this will be used with in the future, or was it your design guys just enjoying thier job?!

Over on Britmodeller there is also a comment on how swapping two (apparently) identical parts, G11 and G12, results in a build that covers up a couple of ejector pin marks, maybe useful for a tweak to the instructions?

Thanks for bringing this kit out, I look forward to it being available in Australia - no word on that as yet, but my wife has pointed to the boxes on the shelf so maybe that's good for a happy marriage!

Les

Hi Les,

First answer is to provide you with some detail in case you wanted to cut the thing open to display the aircraft in maintenance. Some modelers, like me too, like to open panels or show the engines out of the aircraft, this just gives more options whether used or not.

Our designed and tool maker loves his job and we love the job he does :)

Yes, I have altered the manual accordingly for the next batch.

If you pop over to our Facebook page there is already a flyer on there as to our preferred partner in Australia, Hobbylink Direct.

:thumbsup: