AMK will release a MiG-31!

Lets all keep this a secret, but there will be a boxing with the big pylons and R-40T + R-60's... :)/>

AQiSCKx.jpg

+ few additions and improvements... Looks cool with those ridiculous R-40T's, doesnt it? :thumbsup:/>

I won't tell anybody.

Guys, Secret! :D :D

Concerning the Germetik colour.

Went out to my collections workshop to dig up some Germetik samples. Work from original samples and not photos. Have several versions of it from different aircraft with differing life span. Some are very fresh (close to newly applied colour) while there are ones which have seen decades of active service and lots of very hot Hungarian sunshine which has changed the colour considerably. It becomes darker and loses a lot of red from it. On the MiG-31 in most places the “Pink stuff” is on the inside, it is all over the cockpit and not just the canopy seals. Also the nose gear has lots of it as well as around the engine intakes, antenna bases, refueling probe . . .

Have the original Germetik three part set but at the moment there is no reason why to mix and waste some of the real stuff. Chose one of the samples with fairly fresh material on it to make the. So here it is:

Germetik%201_zpsofxdirsu.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Lets all keep this a secret, but there will be a boxing with the big pylons and R-40T + R-60's... :)/>

AQiSCKx.jpg

+ few additions and improvements... Looks cool with those ridiculous R-40T's, doesnt it? :thumbsup:/>

I love R-40T, I red somewhere that missiles with low resource time were used to launch military satellites into orbit ( :rolleyes::rofl: )

Cheers

P

Lets all keep this a secret, but there will be a boxing with the big pylons and R-40T + R-60's... :)/>/>

AQiSCKx.jpg

+ few additions and improvements... Looks cool with those ridiculous R-40T's, doesnt it? :thumbsup:/>/>

I wasn't planning on getting the 31, instead waiting for the 25, but this has changed my mind!

Mike

Concerning the Germetik colour.

Went out to my collections workshop to dig up some Germetik samples. Work from original samples and not photos.

Best regards

Gabor

Sure Gabor, hold on while i go and buy myself a MiG-31. Actually that wont be good enough. You said yourself the color varies on whoever mixes it. Your sample was mixed by a certain man, mixed a certain years ago with a certain mix applied on an aircraft that isnt MiG-31. None of which is applicable to lets say my build, blue 93. I could either travel to Russia, sneak inside of the MiG-31 base and scrape some off from MiG-31BM blue 93 in particular or i could...

...work from photos. :rolleyes: Which is good enough in 99,999999999999% of the cases. I have my severe doubts you had R-33's in your workshop, but i have been surprised before. :D

I love R-40T, I red somewhere that missiles with low resource time were used to launch military satellites into orbit ( :rolleyes:/> :rofl:/> )

Cheers

P

Sounds like a myth to me, especially since getting into orbit requires much more energy than even getting to "space". (Karman line) But i am sure you know this.

I cant speak for the MiGs, but I know on the F-15 our B1/2 sealant (back when we got it in 2 part) could vary from white to black depending on how hot you mixed it. the sealant was white and the accelerator was black, So is it possible that is you mixed the above sealant hot that it could possibly be the darker red?

I thought the red was the hardener part of the two part epoxy type sealant.

Basically depends on how much hardener you added as to how red or link the mixture would be on the Gremetik.

Sounds logical. Dont want to use too much hardener or just hardener...

The colour choice of the decal (F.S.31638) is the closest you can get to the original. As you can see it is not exactly 1638 but it is the closest.

Germetik%202_zps7zm4dwle.jpg

There are variations to the colour depending on mixing ratio and the time it has spent in the open. Hot European summers would make a lot of difference to the colour. The "Germetik" has been used for decades on differen aircraft types but the material itself was not changed in all those years. It works and it is good, Russians love things which work and if there is no specific reason for it, they will not change it.

The sample on the photos was taken from a MiG-29, while I have ones from MiG-21 produced decades earlier and the colour is the same (very similar within a fairly narrow range).

Berkut the R-33 was examined in Russia.

Best regards

Gabor

Rogue surface alert. Something funky is going on with your tail, there.

My guess is that two fin types have been designed, that both are displayed simultaneously and that what we see results from the CAD objects overlap.

Anton do you have any particular stories of MiG-31 how techinicians like it,how is for daily use and any daily duties and missions. I just read in Y.Gordon book about records from regular units. MiG-31 is fantastic platform.

Any informations about a to ground capabilities? (Sorry if i missed in thread)

Anton do you have any particular stories of MiG-31 how techinicians like it,how is for daily use and any daily duties and missions. I just read in Y.Gordon book about records from regular units. MiG-31 is fantastic platform.

Any informations about a to ground capabilities? (Sorry if i missed in thread)

Dont have much information on that front other than just an anecdote. When i was visiting a MiG-31 some years ago and taking a walkaround of it there was someone who was sitting on a bench close to it. Turned out he was a technician on them and i did ask him if they were reliable or if radar for example (it being so large and powerful) gave reliability issues etc. He didnt really answer detailed from what i remember but overall said the plane was very reliable and crews liked it.

MiG-31 doesnt have any air-ground capabilities. It is strictly air-to-air platform.

Will those new missile additions also be one piece??

Yes.