AMK will release a MiG-31!

And you felt the need to comment on that because? There's all kinds of other stuff in the thread, and as far as I'm aware, there is no law against asking questions. Maybe things are different in Canada, I don't know.

I read the OP and the gentleman requested that a wishlist not be started within his thread. Seems simple enough to me doesn't it?

Brad

And you felt the need to comment on that because? There's all kinds of other stuff in the thread, and as far as I'm aware, there is no law against asking questions. Maybe things are different in Canada, I don't know.

So where's the L-29?? We've seen test shots and printed boxes, but no kits in the pipeline yet?

They are on their way to the shops according to AMK's Facebook page. HLJ and 1999.co.jp are expecting them at the end of the month. Back to MiG-31's! :)

Edited by Koen L

Ok, so I guess this website is wrong then?

http://www.ausairpower.net/TE-Foxbat-Foxhound-92.html

Brad

Yes. R-37 and -33 are very different missiles and R-37 used different ejector. Beyond that i think the cutouts in the fuselage were different too.

Nice and sharky reply.

Edited by Berkut

MiG-31BM uses only following weapons:

- R-73 on wing pylons. Nothing else.

- R-33(*S) on the belly. Nothing else.

As i said earlier, R-37M (RVV-BD) is for future, it will almost certainly go under the belly.

*Take a wild stab for what S stands for in R-33S. :)/>

Edited by Berkut

Perfect, thanks. Look forward to the Mig-31 release.

Brad

As i said earlier, R-37M (RVV-BD) is for future, it will almost certainly go under the belly.

*Take a wild stab for what S stands for in R-33S. :)/>/>

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

There are photos of the MiG-31 carrying R-60's too;

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Russia---Air/Mikoyan-Gurevich-MiG-31/2326717/L/&sid=6e2d51382ec5091c0387d90baf998907

*Take a wild stab for what S stands for in R-33S. :)/>/>

There are photos of the MiG-31 carrying R-60's too;

He did say MiG-31BM, not the regular MiG-31B - the large wing-mounted pylon from the photo (for R-40TD missiles) is not present on the upgraded BM variant IIRC.

Although, I'd also expect the BM to support RVV-SD (R-77 derivative) on the wing pylons?

Edited by ijozic

When is this bad boy coming out?

according to: member: Berkut (in another thread related to AMK product) it is still in the CAD stage...the project is still on their FB page.

but since no steel had been cut yet, it might take a couple months at least before we see the plastic of that beast...

Edited by mingwin
  • 7 months later...

do wonder if the 1/48 will have an intake trunk,can't find anything on RU forums,does the Mig-25 have the same duct shape or are different?

Fourth post on the first page!

I have been offering the suggestions, advice and material and i can say they are receiving it extremely well. They clearly have interest to make the best and most accurate product they can. 70.gif

I noticed that although captions on their FB site said "MiG-31BM" none of the CAD's actually showed BM. I provided them with list of changes that need to be done in order for it to be BM, and they will do those changes. Also, there will be full intakes, none of that silly "black hole" stuff. 70.gif

Anyway, here are some ARC exclusive (for now) CAD shots that i have been allowed to share. Feel free to point out any "mistakes", but be sure to check against pictures just in case before you post them here. I have pointed out a few things already on them, areas with red lines. If anyone want "clean" versions without any red lines PM me.

Does that answer your question?

Edited by Inquisitor

do wonder if the 1/48 will have an intake trunk,can't find anything on RU forums,does the Mig-25 have the same duct shape or are different?

They are completely different aircrafts with completely different engines, there is no reason for them to have the same intake ducts. And yes, the kit is planned with full intakes.

Fourth post on the first page!

Does that answer your question?

Guess the scroll has scored another victim,sorry I have missed that ^^

They are completely different aircrafts with completely different engines, there is no reason for them to have the same intake ducts. And yes, the kit is planned with full intakes.

Haw,I was hoping to snatch those 1/72 Mig-25 intakes and try something stupid while mixing Zvezda and ICM Mig-31,why there is so little to no aftermarket stuff for 72th Mig-31

Thanks anyway :-\

Haw,I was hoping to snatch those 1/72 Mig-25 intakes and try something stupid while mixing Zvezda and ICM Mig-31,why there is so little to no aftermarket stuff for 72th Mig-31

Er you do realize that the topic is about an incoming 1/48 kit right ?

Er you do realize that the topic is about an incoming 1/48 kit right ?

yes but as long people can scale down those intake trunks it doesn't matter,will take a look on RU forums and wait for people doing the hard work for me,then steal it like a vulture for my Schwarze '31