AMK will release a MiG-31!

How come?

Mine changed from "Fully Reserved" to pending. Now, I don't know what "Fully Reserved" means.

I was hoping to get it before Christmas, it seems like it won't happen

Juan

Mine was also 'fully reserved ' and now it is pending.It was not sent because I odered Etendard too so it was supposed to wait for other kits release.

I think they sold out all MiGs because of high demand including reserved kits, Sio commented on AMK FB page that they sold out complete first run of this kit to vendors, now we will probably have to wait for next batch to arrive to LM...

P

EDIT:

Kinetic SUE just got released and my MiG is pending and SUE is fully reserved. So obviously they sold all kits in pending status, how unfair for us who paid in advance,this what they did renders preordering kits meaningless :angry:

Edited by Petarvu

And from what I can tell, it does not appear that any copies have made it to the US. My pre-order with DragonUSA still shows as pending and the MiG-31 is the only thing outstanding from that order placed in early November. Furthermore a quick check of SB and Squadron, doesn't turn up any kits either. This is exactly why I have resisted pre-ordering kits in the past and I will have to think long and hard before I do it again. It isn't worth the angst associated with it.

Rick

Oh wow, sorry about that guys. I would have thought that everyone who pre-ordered from Lucky would most likely have their kits now. I don't know when you all placed your pre-orders but I did almost as soon as they listed the kit for pre-order. Hobby Easy had their pre-order links up first but I decided to pass and get it from Lucky. If I remember correctly, Lucky had theirs up a day or two after HE and that's when I I placed the order. I was watching the LM site like a hawk waiting for this kit to appear and jumped on it as soon as I saw it.

I don't normally pre-order anything but this kit was the exception. Looking at it now is definitely the best kit I've seen in a long time.

Hope you guys get yours soon. You won't be disappointed!

Rob

Edited by galileo1

Mine was sent from HobbyEasy the 2/12 only to be parked at the HK post office for a week. According to tracking info it will be sent to Sweden tomorrow. Probably only to be parked at the customs office through the holidays. Not that I am in a hurry to build it, but I don´t like having stuff in transit, getting smashed, stolen and whatnot.

Between this kit and the Kinetic SU-33 it looks like the star of Christmas 2015 is red.. :-)

I am sorry for you guys, who pre-ordered but still waiting for the kit.

We are trying hard for the second production run now, but we did send full quantity to our distributor for the first order.

Cheers!

Sio

I am sorry for you guys, who pre-ordered but still waiting for the kit.

We are trying hard for the second production run now, but we did send full quantity to our distributor for the first order.

Cheers!

Sio

Not your fault Sio, just Lucky Model disappointed a few people selling their prepaid kit. Mine too. It appears that "Full Reserved" means nothing for them. Wonderful service!

EDIT:

Kinetic SUE just got released and my MiG is pending and SUE is fully reserved. So obviously they sold all kits in pending status, how unfair for us who paid in advance,this what they did renders preordering kits meaningless :angry:/>/>

Your Etendard will be sold to the first customer, as "full reserved" means nothing for them. Better ask to ship separately. Worst service ever seen for preorders, and they even not make excuses...

Edited by Andrea Bolla

Oh wow, sorry about that guys. I would have thought that everyone who pre-ordered from Lucky would most likely have their kits now. I don't know when you all placed your pre-orders but I did almost as soon as they listed the kit for pre-order. Hobby Easy had their pre-order links up first but I decided to pass and get it from Lucky. If I remember correctly, Lucky had theirs up a day or two after HE and that's when I I placed the order. I was watching the LM site like a hawk waiting for this kit to appear and jumped on it as soon as I saw it.

I don't normally pre-order anything but this kit was the exception. Looking at it now is definitely the best kit I've seen in a long time.

Hope you guys get yours soon. You won't be disappointed!

Rob

You're right down the road from me, I believe... which gives me hope to see this beast on my doorstep when I get home from work! Mine was shipped from LM on 11/30...

Perhaps Raymond will chime in and provide some sort of explanation. Geez, I now feel like I may have been one of the few "lucky" ones...

Rob

What kind of different explanation from "we have sold your prepaid kit, wait next batch we will have XMas party with your money"?

You're right down the road from me, I believe... which gives me hope to see this beast on my doorstep when I get home from work! Mine was shipped from LM on 11/30...

Yep, mine was shipped on the same day so I'm certain you'll see yours today or tomorrow.

Rob

What kind of different explanation from "we have sold your prepaid kit, wait next batch we will have XMas party with your money"?

Trust me, I've had my share of issues with LM in the past so I know the feeling. I just think is always better to hear from the head honcho when things like this happen. You can always send them a message through their internal messaging system to find out what happened.

Rob

Trust me, I've had my share of issues with LM in the past so I know the feeling. I just think is always better to hear from the head honcho when things like this happen. You can always send them a message through their internal messaging system to find out what happened.

Rob

It happened exactly what I wrote; I have messaged them as soon as my kit become "pending" from "full reserved" and they just answered it run out of stock... so "full reserved" means nothing for them, even if it was prepaid.

The PR-ey answer:

Demand for this kit exceeded our expectations. Unfortunately, because some customers were already waiting on back ordered items and thus could not have their orders shipped immediately, we decided to ship kits to those customers whose orders we could fill while we waited for those back ordered kits to arrive, so as to satisfy the maximum number of customers. For those of you who are waiting on back-ordered goods, as soon as we are able to fully complete your order, we will dispatch your items. We hope you will understand, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

But basically, yeah, sold your kits to someone else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I definitely think LM's system needs some updating again and there's no doubt they should have stopped taking pre-orders the moment they ran out of kits. I don't really think, however, that they "sold your kits to someone else" though. I mean, how would you even know where in the 'queue' you really are? For me, I know almost for certain that I was one of the first ones to order as I literally watched the pre-order link appear on the page. If you came after me later in the day or the next day then there's no way to really know who ordered before you. What I'm trying to say, I guess, is that if they sold "my kit" to someone else then I wouldn't have received it. There's got to be a sequence to ordering just like on any other site.

Rob

I know how much everyone wants this kit - and it truly is breathtaking (literally - I gasped when I opened the box, even after seeing pics of it online), but....

Do we not have (substantial) stashes to work through in the meantime? :)

I don't really think, however, that they "sold your kits to someone else" though. I mean, how would you even know where in the 'queue' you really are?

Rob

I know because my ordere changed from "pending" before 1st dec to "full reserved" on 1st dec and then again "pending" the 3rd dec: so on the 1st they had the kit and then they sold it on the 3rd... quite simple. Or labels "Pending" "Full reserved" come from a DD Dice rolled by a troll...

Well, once again, there's really nothing you can do about it. If you were counting on a brand new kit coming out this close to the holidays to give as a gift, you were taking a huge risk anyway. How often are new kits delayed (this one was due out in early 2014 if you go back and read the original posts).

I'm not trying to make excuses for Lucky, but given their record to date, I don't see any reson to think it was anything in any way deliberately deceptive on their part.

Disappointment is usually temporary...

I know because my ordere changed from "pending" before 1st dec to "full reserved" on 1st dec and then again "pending" the 3rd dec: so on the 1st they had the kit and then they sold it on the 3rd... quite simple. Or labels "Pending" "Full reserved" come from a DD Dice rolled by a troll...

And in the mean time, the kit was listed for sale on LM's website. If they didn't have enough kits to cover the pre-orders, they wouldn't (shouldn't) have had any extras to sell on the site.

In the mean time, Sincere Hobby seems to have the kit in stock. About $5 cheaper than Lucky Model, too: http://www.sincerehobby.com/product/amk_1_48_mig_31bm_foxhound_88003_sincerehobby