AMK will release a MiG-31!

Hi everyone.

Please note that we at AMK have done everything we could to ensure that you, our customers and FIRST consideration, have what you need when you need it.

The fact remains that we embargoed the kit until December 1st to ensure everyone had equal access to the MiG. Unfortunately some decided to ship by sea and not air, thus the kits are in transit. We have no control over what happens to kits once released to shipping agents.

If things had worked out as we wanted you would all have the kits in hand now ready for Christmas.

I assure you all that we have done our bit. We cannot control the actions of anyone else regardless of what some may thing.

The next production run is ongoing and we are working pretty much 24 hours a day to meet demand.

YOU are the priority here. No one else and I mean that!

Not your fault Sio, just Lucky Model disappointed a few people selling their prepaid kit. Mine too. It appears that "Full Reserved" means nothing for them. Wonderful service!

Guys, we cannot and will not comment on LuckyModel.

To do so would be unprofessional and unnecessary. We have competing companies and I, for one, would never post on a Kinetic thread.

As previously stated, we work with Sincere Hobby in Hong Kong (we have other distributors worldwide now and continue to build our network for you) and each distributor that made an order was satisfied at the time of ordering.

The only thing we have done is to release the kits well in advance of the December 1st embargo date to give everyone the chance.

We were taken by surprise at how fast these would be sold and we put into place a new production run immediately.

Seriously guys, we can’t do any more. We are one of the very few manufacturers who will stand up and communicate with you all and we will, where deserved, take a wrap on the knuckles if needed. In this case, we did our very best and will continue to do so.

We are trying, please bear with us - don’t forget we are quite new and still very keen toggle you what you need.

Quality takes time and effort and we will never compromise to release sub standard products. NEVER!

So do you have an ETA on the second production batch, Martin?

Also, come to think of it... assuming you have to re-run the decal sheets as well, is there any chance you could squeeze that zig-zag windscreen framing on it? I noticed that Eduard's upcoming mask set omits this particular feature. :(

Edited by MoFo

Hi MoFo,

At last information early this coming week. The factory is on overtime so nearly done.

However, they may already be done because and don’t forget we own the place so we can run all our own products on full speed. No waiting for anyone else :)

Ill ask for an update as I hadn’t done up to now since Monday last week.

The NEW and improved manuals and decals are printed already, sorry :(

It’s an odd thing that. Maybe I will make my own aftermarket for those things and sell separately for a song and a slice of cake? lololol.

We made some small changes to the manuals to account for the feedback we had.

Edited by Martin @ AMK Models

I was wondering if anyone that has the kit and ability can post a photo of the canopy and fuselage side profile on the kit. I haven't seen any photos of it yet on the actual plastic. It's hard to tell some of the shapes on the CAD's. Just curious of the overall look.

PM me your email address and I’ll send you whatever photos you need.

:thumbsup:

The PR-ey answer:

Demand for this kit exceeded our expectations. Unfortunately, because some customers were already waiting on back ordered items and thus could not have their orders shipped immediately, we decided to ship kits to those customers whose orders we could fill while we waited for those back ordered kits to arrive, so as to satisfy the maximum number of customers. For those of you who are waiting on back-ordered goods, as soon as we are able to fully complete your order, we will dispatch your items. We hope you will understand, and we apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.

But basically, yeah, sold your kits to someone else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

But if they are waiting on back orders they would not have shipped the kit anyway. And if they received the restock of the Mig 31 before back order arrived then it would be fine.

Someone had to miss out if they didn't have enough product, regardless of whose mistake it is... And in the this case the OP has (#FWP) ... But he could still have missed anyway if LM had used the first come first served theory... does he know if he was the first or 100th orderer of the kit... Seems like a bit whinge to me.

All in all LM came up with logical solution to the problem... What would be your solution to the too many orders not a enough product problem?

And you forgot to mention LM have offered a free Kit as compensation... So it's not like they haven't tried to do the right thing.

Yes, you're right, I totally forgot to mention that thing that Raymond didn't say until ten hours after the post you're quoting. It really was remiss of me not to accurately predict the future like that.

Also: I don't know why Berkut bothered to post CAD renders two years ago, because now that the kit has been released, we can just look at the actual plastic.

Mine arrived an hour ago...

Holy mackerel. I'm really impressed. Wow!

Have I told you lately that I really love your sig pic? :wub:/>

A friend of mine, very experienced and talented modeler (unlike myself), just bought the AMK Magister and he was blown away by the quality.