AMK will release a MiG-31!

Hi,

I can’t reveal yet. Its all part of the excitement...... :)/>/>/>

Martin, you enjoy this, don't you. :D/>/>

OKAY how come my emoticons always end up with carriage returns and other peoples' don't!?!

Edited by punder

You found a picture uploaded and posted by me in this very thread? :P I can see the confusion, but that is not the same red 34 as included in the kit. In the kit it is MiG-31BM which means it has refueling probe, the picture above is of MiG-31BSM. Which is the same as a BM just without a refueling probe, so the picture above is of a different plane.

has anyone mentioned that this thing is Huge!!

its much bigger than my photo booth.

DSC_6608-L.jpg

so far the fit is great. the intakes needed a little filler, and the join of the rear fuselage isnt perfect. other than that it lives up to the hype.

I still have to rescribe the line.

DSC_6609-L.jpg

I might just leave this one as is.

DSC_6610-L.jpg

one thing to be aware of,is that the engines are sided. you have to be careful to put the left on the left and right on the right. they look almost identical but when I went to install the rearmost exhaust pieces, I found that they will not fit. so I will have to be doing a bit of surgery to get them to fit properly.

totally my fault of course.

My two arrived today and big congratulations to the AMK guys on an excellent release.

If anyone is thinking about it just do it the kit is excellent!

Reminds me very much of the Great Wall 48th kits in terms of quality of engraving, packaging etc,etc.

Some of the engineering looks as good as it gets with the upper and lower fuselage parts and the nose section some of the best mouldings you will ever see.

Panel lines are fine and rivet work lovely which was one of my major concerns.

I'm pretty amazed they have come so far from the Kfir which had some issues to a kit that stands with the very best for detail, research and quality of production.

Massive well done to AMK and count me in for a swag of Mig-25's and a hoard of F-14's.

Edited by dehowie

It looks like with a bit more dry fitting and some strategic sanding you can get those gaps to close.

I rather spend 30 minutes dry fitting and sanding than 5 minutes filling gaps.

DSC_6610-L.jpg

Edited by pookie

that's some insane detail!!!

if the F-14 Tomcat is anything like that, i'll be buying at least 10 of them!!!

It will be so thank you for the support.

Overall very good and accurate kit, but the panel lines - for me - are too thick.

Horses for courses sometimes. Do you have the kit? I only ask because the photos do make them look large but in reality they appear fine to me and most others. I would hope that in your hand you will think differently. If not then that is ok too of course. We all like different things and that’s why life is so diverse and interesting. :thumbsup:

I am sure that after a few layers of paint, panel liner and then semi gloss varnish the death will decrease considerably.

My two arrived today and big congratulations to the AMK guys on an excellent release.

If anyone is thinking about it just do it the kit is excellent!

Reminds me very much of the Great Wall 48th kits in terms of quality of engraving, packaging etc,etc.

Some of the engineering looks as good as it gets with the upper and lower fuselage parts and the nose section some of the best mouldings you will ever see.

Panel lines are fine and rivet work lovely which was one of my major concerns.

I'm pretty amazed they have come so far from the Kfir which had some issues to a kit that stands with the very best for detail, research and quality of production.

Massive well done to AMK and count me in for a swag of Mig-25's and a hoard of F-14's.

The nose section and radome fit so well you hardly need glue. The friction between the arts is enough to hold them, although you should glue them really.

Sio is our engineer and CEO so he takes a huge pat on the back!

Overall very good and accurate kit, but the panel lines - for me - are too thick.

As most people use JPEG format when taking photos for posting. Different cameras use some degree of sharpening when creating these images. Sharpening can exaggerate things like panels line and demarcation lines especially when a flash is involved.

i have the kit in front of me, and if i have seen finer panel lines on some other models (Eduard MiG-21 comes to mind first) ...AMK's MiG-31 fuselage panel lines are very crisp and consistent. lines are deep and should prove to be "modeler friendly" ...as most of the kit's engineering.

Over weathered for my taste as well. But the key word is taste - I am sure many modellers love this kind of look and this is not a critique corner ;)

The fact is, this modeller built the mighty MiG in just around 3 weeks - that says a lot about the ease of build of this model.