ARC Discussion Forums

Sign in to follow this  
mingwin

AMK will release a MiG-31!

Any rumours out there that an aftermarket company are doing some Pitot tubes and like details for the MiG 31? Those fittings on the tube of the nose radome pitot look so fine and delicate, would be nice to have them in photo-etch.

the AMK MiG-31 got released already.. what does it matter which way the topic goes now?

can't you just READ the topic title please.

there is still another AMK 1/48 MiG-31 kit that hasn't been release yet.

there could be useful info related to the AMK MiG-31 that can be posted.

like upcoming dedicated aftermarket stuff... tweaks that could be shared... info like the decal stencils "coincidence" shown above, that could be share...

but what you or anyone else wanted for next AMK release is unwanted here. there is plenty of other topic to do so...

Any rumours out there that an aftermarket company are doing some Pitot tubes and like details for the MiG 31? Those fittings on the tube of the nose radome pitot look so fine and delicate, would be nice to have them in photo-etch.

i wouldn't be surprise to see something pops from "Master-model" from Poland... they are very active and cover most of 1/48 subjects that are produced...

Edited by mingwin

double post sorry.

Edited by mingwin

Yeah, I'd be shocked if Master Model didn't release a pitot, and if they don't Dream Factory or Mini World almost certainly will. It'll probably take a couple of months, though.

Here are a few MiG-31 pics i found on the net that some might find useful:

z.jpg

z.jpg

z.jpg

Jari

Edited by Finn

We collaborate with everyone we can. Aftermarket kit manufacturers are given the kit very early on so they can do their magic.

I have to agree with Mingwin here though guys, this really is a MiG-31 thread. Technically it is a MiG-31B/BM thread as the new early version MiG-31B/BS will be out very very soon. Factory is just finishing the boxing up. Almost ready to release for sale to importers. They will be getting a heads up in the next week or so I expect.

Canopy seals/framing coming in January from Furball Aero-Design. Printed by Cartograf they will be printed to FS 31158 (except for the white center panel) unless someone has a better choice.

MIG-31%2048-052.jpg

Canopy seals/framing coming in January from Furball Aero-Design. Printed by Cartograf they will be printed to FS 31158 (except for the white center panel) unless someone has a better choice.

MIG-31%2048-052.jpg

Cool!Although it should be lighter and more 'pinkish' than mentioned FS31158? Desert pink?

Edited by Petarvu

MIG-31%2048-052.jpg

More like something between Pantone 5005U and 7523U

Germetika.jpg

If i am being completely frank; FS 31158 is a terrible choice.

The way i see if there are three FS color candidates;

FS 31630:

http://federalstandard595.com/?s=31630

FS 31638:

http://federalstandard595.com/?s=31638

FS 31669:

http://federalstandard595.com/?s=31669

I think first two are the best ones. As Gabor said it varies (not too much though, from what i have seen) depending on the mix. Here are two pictures to compare to;

j6i1E8n.jpg

UFFlC3M.jpg

Either way i have never ever seen it in FS 31158 like shade.

Edited by Berkut

Why nobody is mentioning MiG-25! I would love to see it before F-14 ! (duck)

Me too.

V.P.

Edited by HomeBe

MIG-31%2048-052.jpg

Could you give us a few reputable on-line shops where we could find this beauty please.

Hi all,

To set the record straight, Mr Bobek at HGW has our full permission to use the decals and AMK logo.

Permission was sought in the correct way and there are no trademark or copyright contraventions.

Thank you for the alert though.

What is that yellow/sand inner seal in the picture?

Edited by Aigore

What is that yellow/sand inner seal in the picture?

Its the same pink "Germetika" on the inner side of the plexi + the tint of the plexi. You want to that too??? :D

The Germetika is applied by hand (smeared on to be precise) and as such it has completely uneven edges and surface.

Best regards

Gabor

Germetik not Germetika, Gabor, i'm know that surprize for non-russian, but inanimate objects have a sex (man's, female and even neutral gender)

Germetik not Germetika, Gabor, i'm know that surprize for non-russian, but inanimate objects have a sex (man's, female and even neutral gender)

Thanks Andrey,

Yes, you are right, I refer to it as Germetika becouse our Hungarian technicians called it this way. Just what I got used to.

Best regards

Gabor

I got my kit today! Absolutely stunning! Now I just need instructions on how to get everything back in the box.....

I got my kit today! Absolutely stunning! Now I just need instructions on how to get everything back in the box.....

I actually took photos as I took things out so I could get it back in the same way!