AMK will release a MiG-31!

Need to start saving for this beast :-) Thanks Berkut for doing great job!! :-)

Oh, i am just nitpicking the work they are doing and providing information. :P Great job accolades should go to Sio and his CAD designers.

Do you know whether they are going to use photo etc parts, Berkut? If yes, which parts?

I don't have an overview of that no. There will be PE fret.

The CADs sure look impressive!! I just wish it... Never mind, great to have some awesome stuff for 1/48 guys!😀

I am 1/72 guy too for most part Jan. ;) But for this beast and generally for any high quality kits of subjects i am interested in, i am willing to give up my belief that there is one true scale. :)

Berkut, do you know if there will be few boxings with different versions or all in one box.

P

First boxing will be BM, i believe next one will be B/BS boxing. R-40TD's should be included in B/BS kit, same with R-60's. The CAD is just basically showing almost all the options at once.

First boxing will be BM, i believe next one will be B/BS boxing. R-40TD's should be included in B/BS kit, same with R-60's. The CAD is just basically showing almost all the options at once.

Thanks for confirming that again (as on page 2 - my memory is like that of a fish - they even have photos of the things on their FB page, doh).

I lost my references on the Foxhound in my house fire - what are the visual differences between the basic production MiG-31 and the later upgrades??

It is covered in this very thread...

I lost my references on the Foxhound in my house fire - what are the visual differences between the basic production MiG-31 and the later upgrades??

Easiest way for me to tell, there is a Triangular antenna on the fwd canopy on the BM that is not present on the B. Also the BM wing pylons are shorter. It appears that the BM cockpit has added some MFCD'd and other upgraded displays.

And not mine of the back cockpit;

I'm surprised to see the old RWR indicator instrument there. I presume this means that they didn't upgrade the RWR system to the later Pastel ones? IIRC, Pastel output is projected on the MFD's rather than on a separate instrument.

Great looking Mig-31 just hope it doesn't turn into vapourware like the other great looking project.

However great looking CAD does not guarantee a great kit.

Just ask Wingnut who to get the curves on the Fokker D7 correct went through three programs numerous test shots and delayed the fir three D7's by 18 months.

The curves are the hardest part to get right just hope AMK come through.

Yeah, no Pastel. Why, no idea, it is probably dirt cheap and a lot of other fighters in RuAF use it and its derivatives.

I can understand that it's not a priority for its primary mission (interception of cruise missiles/bombers), but if they bothered with adding MFD's and all, it seems strange not to add a more modern and much more flexible RWR system. Especially given the proliferation of the new AESA radars, etc.

But, back to the kit boxings, they don't plan to release the initial production version (i.e. MiG-31 non-B )?

Edited by ijozic

Great looking Mig-31 just hope it doesn't turn into vapourware like the other great looking project.

In fairness to AMK everything they have actually shown as "in work" has appeared so far (Kfir, L-29, Magister). The only stuff that hasn't is stuff that was announced like the F-106 but nothing was ever actually shown for. So I have no doubts that it will appear sooner or later. AMK are like the tortoise rather than the hare! Slow but sure. . .

In fairness to AMK everything they have actually shown as "in work" has appeared so far (Kfir, L-29, Magister). The only stuff that hasn't is stuff that was announced like the F-106 but nothing was ever actually shown for. So I have no doubts that it will appear sooner or later. AMK are like the tortoise rather than the hare! Slow but sure. . .

YES! Slow but sure......... Rather than those rushing with crab, for the first piece of cake of the market. :D :D

I sure hope AMK will do a Six. I've offered them a whole ready-made comprehensive research package of original data and photographs to work from, but I never got a response.

I've offered them a whole ready-made comprehensive research package of original data and photographs to work from, but I never got a response.

Not them. Him. Wesley. The guy's gone and Sio's the one in charge.

I sure hope AMK will do a Six. I've offered them a whole ready-made comprehensive research package of original data and photographs to work from, but I never got a response.

Not them. Him. Wesley. The guy's gone and Sio's the one in charge.

What are you 2 talking about?