AMK will release a MiG-31!

Just a reminder; if anyone sees any potential bugs, please contact either me or Sio ASAP zulu, then there is a chance to fix it before release.

Would be pilot inside???!! :-P

Edited by mario krijan

Just a reminder; if anyone sees any potential bugs, please contact either me or Sio ASAP zulu, then there is a chance to fix it before release.

The kit is *grossly* oversized. It looks to be about 1.5x too large, by my estimate.

Would be pilot inside???!! :-P

As far as i know, there are no pilots included. Maybe Sio can confirm.

The kit is *grossly* oversized. It looks to be about 1.5x too large, by my estimate.

3504902-what-you-did-there-i-see-it.thumbnail.jpg

As far as i know, there are no pilots included. Maybe Sio can confirm.

No pilot !! :explode: So this kit will be unbuildable similar to the GWH's F-15 ! :crying2:

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Deino

Edited by Deino

I am aware but I think if you go with plastic you cannot replicate the lattice structure so it will be just a "plate"... Can you create it in plastic? I prefer to have the lattice without depth over plastic plate. Moreover, you can design PE so you would fold it to have some depth, too. I bet a folded PE part will be almost perfect to replicate it.

If *you* want to try to fold that shape out of PE in 1/48, be my guest. It might be 2x3 mm overall (x4 per missile, x4 missiles). I'll come visit you at the institute, and bring you chocolate chip cookies on Tuesdays.

Edited by Jennings

I had assumed that those rear lattice 'fins' on the R-77 were for enhanced manoeuvrability, but the photo above clearly shows that they are fixed very securely. Or is that a show dummy in the photo?

If *you* want to try to fold that shape out of PE in 1/48, be my guest. It might be 2x3 mm overall (x4 per missile, x4 missiles). I'll come visit you at the institute, and bring you chocolate chip cookies on Tuesdays.

Either you didnt understand me or you are trolling. It will be just bending a PE part onto itself. Even I, with limited skill, can do it easily.

Either you didnt understand me or you are trolling. It will be just bending a PE part onto itself. Even I, with limited skill, can do it easily.

May be easy for you, but me and PE don't get along well. I'd rather most parts be in plastic.

Awesome!!!!

Please consider using photo etch parts for exhaust and missile fins, especially for R-77.

As your future costumer, I am willing to pay more for photo etch parts :)/>

PE would be useless for the rear fins on the R-77. They are a box-like lattice structure that has 3 very visible dimensions. In PE they would be flat.

r77_6659_179.jpg

I am aware but I think if you go with plastic you cannot replicate the lattice structure so it will be just a "plate"... Can you create it in plastic? I prefer to have the lattice without depth over plastic plate. Moreover, you can design PE so you would fold it to have some depth, too. I bet a folded PE part will be almost perfect to replicate it.

I had assumed that those rear lattice 'fins' on the R-77 were for enhanced manoeuvrability, but the photo above clearly shows that they are fixed very securely. Or is that a show dummy in the photo?

We had been thinking about this design, but it difficult to achieve. If you guys have some other better idea, please let me know! :D :D

PE would be useless for the rear fins on the R-77. They are a box-like lattice structure that has 3 very visible dimensions. In PE they would be flat.

r77_6659_179.jpg

It looks like a dummy to me. The fins in the center of the missile are welded on the body.

We had been thinking about this design, but it difficult to achieve. If you guys have some other better idea, please let me know! :D/>/>/> :D/>/>/>

First of all, thank you so much for listening to us.

I am very confident PE is the best way to do this.

Just consider a PE part like the following:

r_77_fin.jpg

Bending the part on itself is optional for me but it is a very good for to have some depth. Even without this option to replicate fine lattice structure, you have no other option but PE part.

The point with these fins is you can see the other side! I think there is almost no way to achieve this with a plastic part. You can only create the illusion of it with a plastic part by using panel lines.

The kit's molding look very good. Even with all those reinforcing ribs, I don't see sink marks.

That's a dummy piece. The real one the fins base rotate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/R-77

mechanism from the live ones, you can see how base rotates.

HYNEKTR.jpg

8QjgHsz.jpg

Edited by Inquisitor

First of all, thank you so much for listening to us.

I am very confident PE is the best way to do this.

Just consider a PE part like the following:

r_77_fin.jpg

Bending the part on itself is optional for me but it is a very good for to have some depth. Even without this option to replicate fine lattice structure, you have no other option but PE part.

The point with these fins is you can see the other side! I think there is almost no way to achieve this with a plastic part. You can only create the illusion of it with a plastic part by using panel lines.

Foxmulder, Thank you very much for opinion! The bending of PE is a great idea!

But technically, we cannot make it! According to the dimensions of R-77, the thickness of the fins should about 1.00 mm. With our technology for PE, the maximum thickness with through holes, is about 0.25 mm. That means, even we bend 2 PE together (only 0.50 mm thick), it is only half of the thickness of the real fins. Then, we need to put 2 bended PE together to have 1.00 mm thickness. This is extremely difficult for modellers to glue it together. We choose not to do so.

One more consideration, at the position you bend the PE, there will a line looks like round shape, which is not appeared in the real fins. If you file/sand it off, the PE may separate into 2 pieces again. This may be another headache for modellers too.

Of course, "can see another side" is really the point!

If you still have further better idea, please let me know!

The kit's molding look very good. Even with all those reinforcing ribs, I don't see sink marks.

mechanism from the live ones, you can see how base rotates.

HYNEKTR.jpg

8QjgHsz.jpg

You know about plastic! :D :D