Best Shipping Method?

Hey guys. I haven't been posting or doing much in a long time. Well, I am going to thin my stash. What is the best method of shipping kits domestically and what are the typical shipping prices for 1/48 WW2 kits? Any advice you guys might have would be greatly appreciated.

This is a subjective question so I am not going name any particular shipper since it will be different depending on your particular details.

However these are the actual factors of determining shipping cost:

Shipper, shipping method, destination, weight, dimensions of box, address type (residential or business if UPS/FedEx), address area (if shipper [uPS/FedEx] considers you to be a rural residential address), and value (if insured).

We get this comment a lot (why an item cost X amount and the shipping cost is more than X amount) - but please be aware that the price of an item has nothing to do with the shipping cost. Only the above factors do.

HTH

Edited by gkwan

If you're in the US the cheapest way to ship is still the USPS even though it's not that cheap anymore. Rates depend on how close the recipient is to you. The farther the box has to travel the more expensive etc. They've changed their pricing so basically priority is either the same cost as the lowest priced option or less than a dollar more. Priority gives you tracking included now and also free insurance up to 50$.

International shipping is ridiculous and killing a lot of international sales on here. Nothing much you can do.

When shipping it is best to find the absolute smallest box a kit can fit into. Prices vary by destination and also size and weight of the package.

You can check things out on the USPS website but I don't trust it so I take everything into the actual po to get prices I I need them. Especially international.

Edited by Bigasshammm

you will also save lots of cash by using shipping wrapping paper instead of boxes for single deliveries.

I've used it many times without incidents.

If you are worried about damage you can double wrap and make sure the buyer is ok with it, but most importantly Wheres the list! =)