Great Wall Hobby 1/48 F-15B/D

As has been widely discussed elsewhere, I don't think the CAD is representative of what you're going to get in the box necessarily. They've said it's going to be released as an IDF bird, which accounts for the Escapac seats and Israeli missiles. I think the CAD is more just to show the overall effect. I know GWH reads the forums (as evidenced by their fixes on the MiG-29), and all the fatal errors in the CAD have been very vociferously pointed out (over and over and over).

I'm really stoked to see the single seater!

• 2 weeks later...

So all we get is one distant shot!?!? Surely somebody that was there took detailed close-ups of all of it!?!?

Am I seeing right? Is there part of the lower fuselage molded in with the lower half of the wings??

Edited by Jennings

I am glad they are doing it. Monogram, Revell, Hasegawa, Academy, Fujimi, Italeri, Tamiya, plus all the aftermarket, have not done a good job covering the F-15. I suggest they work on the F-16 next.

I suggest they work on the F-16 next.

How could they possibly better the absolutely drop dead gorgeous Tamiya F-16s? The only possible thing they could do would be a two seater, but I suspect Tamiya will eventually do one.

How could they possibly better the absolutely drop dead gorgeous Tamiya F-16s? The only possible thing they could do would be a two seater, but I suspect Tamiya will eventually do one.

By doing a F-16A(M)/ADF which Tamiya has completely ignored?

So all we get is one distant shot!?!? Surely somebody that was there took detailed close-ups of all of it!?!?

Am I seeing right? Is there part of the lower fuselage molded in with the lower half of the wings??

That's what it looks like to me as well. Like the whole section all the way back to points aft of the horizontal tail surface maybe? I'm not up to snuff on F-15 shapes but is there a fairing under the wing joint to the fuse? I thought it just butted straight in.

Can't wait for this one,i'll preorder 2 as soon as one of the mail order firms list it....... Now if only i could get somebody to do Soesterberg Wolfhound F-15 decals as i've given up all hope of Daco/Astra ever releasing their sheet.

I'm not up to snuff on F-15 shapes but is there a fairing under the wing joint to the fuse? I thought it just butted straight in.

There's a flat/angled fairing, having a hard time finding a decent pic on the net. Here's a link to a Very Large image that may help show it. FAST packs cover this area so the wing looks like it butts straight in to the FAST pack.

I'm hoping against hope that the finished mold will be very close the CAD shots. If so we won't need AM stuff for it(looking at the cockpit specifically). Any possibilities for a pure "C". IMHO Revell has pretty much locked up the "E" in quailty and affordability.

Edited by #1 Greywolf