Great Wall Hobby 1/48 F-15B/D

While it would be nice and very interesting if they included the CFT's for the C, there really wouldn't be a pressing reason to do so. The only USAF C's that ever carried them were the ones based at Keflavik with the 57th FIS.

While it would be nice and very interesting if they included the CFT's for the C, there really wouldn't be a pressing reason to do so. The only USAF C's that ever carried them were the ones based at Keflavik with the 57th FIS.

ZZ also used them for a short time... Anyway, the IDFAF uses them a lot .

F-15As from Langley AFB also had them for a short time. Eagles out of Elmendorf AFB also ran arond with them.

ZZ also used them for a short time... Anyway, the IDFAF uses them a lot .

Every C/D wings I was in our jets carried them, it was part of our RDF package.

We hated them, they were just a major pain in the but for maintenance.

Langley, we carried bombs on them early 80's on our C/D's.

Kadena, arrived there and guess what became a requirement.

Went to Elmendorf and sure enough, CFT's were to be used on our C/D's , could not get away from them till I went to the Heath and Crash Recovery.....

Where are those, and what exactly are you seeing? Unless you were an F-15 crew chief, would you even notice

Easy enough to add.

?????

Here's hoping I won't have to open it up and scratch in the louvers like I've done on the Hasegawa kit! If it was see-through I'd be elated.

They are on the first engine bay panel on the belly, pnl 95L/R, leading edge, check out the CAD of the belly and you will see 2 sets of doors.

Pnl 128 was the Tail Hook fairing ....

Where are those, and what exactly are you seeing? Unless you were an F-15 crew chief, would you even notice the difference?

Easy enough to add.

?????

Here's hoping I won't have to open it up and scratch in the louvers like I've done on the Hasegawa kit! If it was see-through I'd be elated.

Well it was asked to point out the few things I noticed on the CAD, that was just a few things from memory.

If we are going to pay a hefty price you want it to be accurate as much as possible?

Cheers

F-15As from Langley AFB also had them for a short time. Eagles out of Elmendorf AFB also ran arond with them.

F-15As were not equipped to mount the CFTs to the best of my knowledge. I've surely never seen an A model with them fitted. The F-15Cs at PAED may have had them, but our old A models certainly didn't. Without help from the Alaska Tanker Task Force we'd never have gotten a Bear-H intercept.

Edited by Jennings

F-15As were not equipped to mount the CFTs to the best of my knowledge. I've surely never seen an A model with them fitted. The F-15Cs at PAED may have had them, but our old A models certainly didn't. Without help from the Alaska Tanker Task Force we'd never have gotten a Bear-H intercept.

I got my first Cmodel in the 27th in 1983, 82 0019.....

I did not work A models from then on in my career, only C's no family triuckster either.

I know A models could not carry them, only C/D's unfortunately....

We transferred our A models out of Langley up till83 to the 48th FIS and 318th....

I went through CFT training in 1983 according to the Certificate I have in my hand, and hated those things ever since.

We sent them to The 57th and the Dorf...possibly Kadena..

We flew bombs for testing for the upcoming E model, we would fly down to North Carolina, Dare range to drop you name it in that range...

Cheers

There is not a single item on that sheet that is correct in the slightest.

One of Repliscake's worst efforts.

Sadly that was the case with many (if not all) of their sheets. :(

My post was just an acknowledgement of release, not a recommendation.

Viperbite - I didn't realize that. Interesting.

Do you know for certain if the GWH kit will be designed to do the A/B, or just the C/D/J/DJ??

The original plan was to do A/B/C/D and E/I, possibly K and SG... but since the aft airbrake fairing is different between later A and C, that means another new-tooled upper fuselage, I think GWH would consider again to do or not to do an "accurate" A and B according the market feedbacks...

Regards,

Jin

The original plan was to do A/B/C/D and E/I, possibly K and SG... but since the aft airbrake fairing is different between later A and C, that means another new-tooled upper fuselage, I think GWH would consider again to do or not to do an "accurate" A and B according the market feedbacks...

Regards,

Jin

Don't forget the different JFS chimney configurations between the A/B/C/D and E/I/K/SG.

Mark

Regards,

Jin

If GWH were to do a F-15I/K/SG they would need to retool the upper fuselage anyway as it different again from the C/D. If they were to spend the extra cash to do the F-15A/B correctly they would rake in the $$$$ longterm as it seems the kit has the potential to become the first choice for anybody wanting a 1/48 Eagle and knock the Hasegawa kit of its perch its held for the last 30 years.

Don't forget the different JFS chimney configurations between the A/B/C/D and E/I/K/SG.

Mark

They got the single vent correct for the A,B,C, D, I, J and DJ so if they do come out with an E, I, K, S And SG it would be in competition with the most accurate ProMonoVell Mudhen.

They got the single vent correct for the A,B,C, D, I, J and DJ so if they do come out with an E, I, K, S And SG it would be in competition with the most accurate ProMonoVell Mudhen.

...which only represents an E up till ODS. Also, you can't get a I, K and SG straight OOB.

Mark

Edited by gb_madcat_sl

...which only represents an E up till ODS. Also, you can't get a I, K and SG straight OOB.

Mark

Not that far off, a few additions , an I and S would not be a stretch depending on time frame. Not much of a difference IIRC on the first batch that I worked on and the E did not have that much changed major external up to 2001.

After 2001 when I retired was there that many mods on the E models?

K and SG's are after I went to the F-35...

Not that far off, a few additions , an I and S would not be a stretch depending on time frame. Not much of a difference IIRC on the first batch that I worked on and the E did not have that much changed major external up to 2001.

After 2001 when I retired was there that many mods on the E models?

K and SG's are after I went to the F-35...

While that may be true, the fact remains that the kit is rather dated as it is lacking some of the newer equipment and needs resin sets to bring it up to date. LAU-128s for example. Not to mention a lack of weaponry that would make Hasegawa proud.

Here's a golden opportunity for a company to make a kit that will completely blow the Revell kit out of the water and I sure hope that they can pull it off.

Mark

While that may be true, the fact remains that the kit is rather dated as it is lacking some of the newer equipment and needs resin sets to bring it up to date. LAU-128s for example. Not to mention a lack of weaponry that would make Hasegawa proud.

Here's a golden opportunity for a company to make a kit that will completely blow the Revell kit out of the water and I sure hope that they can pull it off.

Mark

So what you're saying is all they have to do is add a update spruce and they would be in competition?

Currently the ProMonoVell is the most accurate F-15, let alone Emodel in any scale. So I will save my acknolodgements on any F-15 kit until it is sitting in my hands to examine first hand.

I will not judge a new release by the CAD or proto type moldings , but give my opinion on the accuracy of any F-15 kit. You know why I can do that? Because from 1979 - 2001 I spent more time with that jet then my family unfortunately but not my choice to some extent.

Let's wait to see if when they release a late model 15 with Mudhen linage if it makes the ProMonoVell kit outdated.

Till then it looks like we finally have an accurate state of the art C model....

Cheers

Dave Whalen

So what you're saying is all they have to do is add a update spruce and they would be in competition?

Yup. That'd be a start. Some new decals would be welcome too. It'll probably still be cheaper than the GWH kit when it is released.

As you said, it is still the most accurate Strike Eagle out there.

Mark

Yup. That'd be a start. Some new decals would be welcome too. It'll probably still be cheaper than the GWH kit when it is released.

As you said, it is still the most accurate Strike Eagle out there.

Mark

I was being sarcastic...not even a full sprue, in fact you could probably use sprue from the same kit for the damper and GPS ant...

Not much externally had been updated over the years, most dealing with internal mods and not till the 2000 models did we get the composite structure.

LAU-128s and nose wheel shimmy damper on the nose strut come to mind. The regenerative heat exchanger exhaust is still in place from what I have seen, so no major mold changes ,

Not much to update, oh and the GPS any on the right wing shoulder, that's it....