WTB: VENTURA 1/72 RF-8G Crusader conversion set

Hello all,

I was dusting off my book collection & came across my old (FAOW) Famous Aircraft Of the World collection. Flipping through the one on F-8 Crusaders put me in a Crusader mood.

Particularly intrigued by the recce version. I'd like to buy the old 1/72 Ventura RF-8G conversion set.

If you have one for sale, do contact me. We'll work something out.

Thanks for looking :)

p.s. Also looking for the 1/48 C & H or RVHP RF-8 Crusader conversions. And the RVHP TF-8 2-seat Crusader too.

If you can't find the Ventura conversion (and sorry, I won't part with mine), Airmodell makes an RF-8 / TF-8 vac conversion as well.

HTH,

Andre

Thanks Andre but I've seen the Airmodel as well as the Falcon ones up close & apart from being in the dreaded vacuform mode, something doesn't look quite right with the vacuform ones. They look a little "too bloated" along the side fuselage to me (perhaps the master mold they used were Kangnam/Hasegawa?).

I'd much prefer the Ventura one. Much flash but still ok with me. At least I feel safer sanding the sides of this one.

Sure you won't part with yours? Could I tempt you with anything? Beer? Women? Photoshoped pictures of your boss naked with goats so that you could blackmail him for a promotion as well as your own private jet?

:lol:/>

To be honest I think thr Amodel one is better. I have had both.

In 1.48 stay away from the RHVP set, its overpriced for what you get and needs a lot of work. Both the 1.48 and 1.72 RHVP give you a complete fuselage but its like a banana!

I have the C&H set and there not all that great either. If you can still find the maintrac or War Eagle vac they are better.

Julien