So sad to read this.

I always wondered who he was, where he was from, where he got his inspiration from. At a point I even came to believe he might be an active Iranian Air Force personnel which at the same time seemed very weird in the circumstances..

I never met him or maybe even shared email words with him but I deeply admired his work. It always was an outstanding mix of photo, scene setting and modeling skills that always fooled me into wondering if his models were real. Knowing his models were models I used to try to find clues and give aways but generally had hard time finding some.

I really jump to open any topic with his name and always ended being amazed.

It did not know him but it seems so strange to think he is gone now!! Seems like a part of my hobby world is gone now!!

My deepest condolences to his family and friend.

I shall/will remember him.

Eric B.

I have taken all the photos from this long 8 year thread and I've made 27 articels of Fred's work. I will run one article each day for the next month in Memory of Fred.

I am very sorry to see he is gone. I admired his work very much.

Heck. ..63 views and not one Comment..

dry.gif

Wouldn't read too much into it... I often see such things that I don't always post any thoughts to, but still sympathize with the group at large... and I'm sure there are probably many others likewise as well. Doesn't mean we don't care... it's just that we didn't post any thoughts... sometimes just out of shear loss and lack of words at the situation. I did link it back to Steve's first article on another site to try to help get the word out though.

Even though he was quiet in his way... the modeling world lost a giant in him.

I have taken all the photos from this long 8 year thread and I've made 27 articels of Fred's work. I will run one article each day for the next month in Memory of Fred.

I am very sorry to see he is gone. I admired his work very much.

Very nice touch.. thanks for that Steve...

Hara;d

Anyone know what happened? How did he pass away?

Everytime I see his name on a post started by him -- even before I click on the link--- I know I'm in for a treat. His work is amazing! Like the others, I too have a hard time figuring out if his models are the real thing or a model. They're that good.

Rest in Peace, sir. You will be missed.

A while back FRED sent ME his flickr link...I hope this works as it has lain in MY archives.. His photography is incredibly stunning and as he was unassuming gentleman, many of you wont have seen this and if you did then good you saw his work.

He was a regular contributor to airliner .net .

He was also a member of the IIAF. http://www.iiaf.net/iiafmisc/credits.html

Scroll down list of names.

His photo stream... Sone amazing shots ..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51284792@N03/page1/'>http://www.flickr.com/photos/51284792@N03/page1/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/51284792@N03/

HOLMES :salute:

Even I don't know him, his work is still amazing and I can see Fred's passion inside. I'm sure he had a lot of fun and happy times enjoying his hobby! For sharing this with us, I just say "Thank you" and "good bye". May he take care of all of us here now.

I have taken all the photos from this long 8 year thread and I've made 27 articels of Fred's work.

Sums it all up really doesn't it, an 8 year old thread with 65,885 and counting views.

That will be one cool memorial for a passed on modeler, Steve.

How about renaming the diorama section in his memory, just a thought.

My sympathies and condolences to his family and friends including those here on ARC. May they be granted the solace and peace so much deserved in a very at a times such as this. I didn't know Mr. Shammas, however I have seen examples of his skills without knowing it was his, and it was indeed outstanding. I wonder what he thought when the IRIAF used pix that looked very very similar to some work he had done.

Gentlemen,

I have an update about FRED SHAMMAS .

Early hours of thus morning I received an e- mail from one if Fred's friends, a IIAF Pilot,

Major Farhad NASSIRKHANI, who writes that Mr SHAMMAS had been living in Iran but none of his friends{IIAF PILOTS} knew this and they don't know any details as to his passing.

He goes on to say he was a good pilot and that FRED even borrowed a Golden Crown Helmet to take photos of the Major which had Golden Crown

Insignia on it and which he fondly says

FRED still had in his house.

Major Farhad NASSIRKHANI stated that Fred's sister who lived in Los Angeles is now in Iran for the burial, which the Major said is happening as he write ME this e mail..

He said he would keep ME Informed.

He is also overwhelmed by the number of people who will miss him and thanked us for our prayers and condolences...

Thanks Gentlemen... :salute: