An interesting conundrum could be upon us.

On one side seattles defense which basically commits a penalty every play on the notion they won't call it every time.

On the other side pretty boy Manning the love child of the NFL. What happens if the bs is these teams? Do the refs suddenly call every penalty on Seattle this gifting the SB to manning? Or do they let them go and let the bs be robbed from manning?

Oh the humanity.

Let's hope Tom Terrific does to manning what he has for so long. Black Pats Seattle game could be a good SB. I don't see SF gettig there again.

Yeah, it's almost over. I expect the next three games will all be cracking matchups. The rest of the way I'm pulling for the Niners (I have a friend who is a fan of theirs, so I figure, give her something to be happy about!). That SF-Seattle game is going to decide the outcome of the Superbowl.

I'm gonna call the Pats over Broncos...Manning will choke. They only put up 24 vs SD? Pats put up 43 vs the Colts and didn't even have a single TD pass from Brady. But...to win the SB? Doubt they can beat the NFC this year...but a better shot vs SF.

Either way, forget the SB, the best game of the Season will be Pats v Broncos on Sunday.

Not in Seattle it won't be. And with the animosity between Seattle and San Fran, I bet you it's going to be a more fun game than the east coast teams.

I think both games are going to be outstanding. The media focus is definitely on the Brady and Manning Bowl though. I hope the game lives up to all the hype. I'm revising my prediction to Denver by 10. Denver has 4 elite receivers (well, maybe three, Welker has had a nasty habit of dropping key passes) and the only real talent in the Pat's secondary is Talib. Even a guy as good as Talib can't cover three excellent receivers at once. Plus the weather is going to favor Manning and then factor in the home field advantage. I just don't think the Patriots can overcome all this.

That being said, every time I predicted a Pat's loss, I think they ended up winning.

We'll see....

I think both games are going to be outstanding. The media focus is definitely on the Brady and Manning Bowl though. I hope the game lives up to all the hype. I'm revising my prediction to Denver by 10. Denver has 4 elite receivers (well, maybe three, Welker has had a nasty habit of dropping key passes) and the only real talent in the Pat's secondary is Talib. Even a guy as good as Talib can't cover three excellent receivers at once. Plus the weather is going to favor Manning and then factor in the home field advantage. I just don't think the Patriots can overcome all this.

That being said, every time I predicted a Pat's loss, I think they ended up winning.

We'll see....

How is the weather going to favor Manning?

I'm lost on that one.

How is the weather going to favor Manning?

I'm lost on that one.

From what I understand, Manning's numbers drop off significantly in cold / wet weather, while Brady isn't impacted nearly as much. I also read that Manning doesn't have the arm strength he used to and struggles when throwing long into the wind.

Last forecast I heard for the game was mild, 50 degrees and little/no wind.

To get back (somewhat) to the CFL, does anyone know what channels here in the US cover the CFL? I've never seen a game and I thought it might be fun to watch. (Yes, I know the season's over for now. :-) )

Let's hope Tom Terrific does to manning what he has for so long.

Lose big?

tumblr_lyycrzsqzT1qmaoalo1_1280.jpg

Sorry, mixed up my mannings :taunt:

We'll see....

I am actually more scared of the pats then I have been in a long time. Their D isn't as good as the "old days" but they won their SBs with mistake free passing and actual solid running, and suddenly its like they realized they could win without Brady throwing it all over against the colts. the Run also keeps Peyton on the sidelines...

154815_10151928887173520_1289406873_n_zpsa3cad50e.jpg

Won't see any F-15's with with Bronco's logo will you? Good luck New England!

6269128.jpg

"That's cute"

Work schedule is good today, I will miss the last 1/3 of that game, and then the first half hour of hawks/niners. not bad!

120521-F-KA253-039.JPG

bailey.jpg

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Thanks, I'll make a note to look for them next season.

Stacey

CFL season starts around our July 1st. Canada Day Holiday weekend as typical. For 2014 the league will have back a team in Ottawa now called the Ottawa Red Blacks. (The name grows on you) But it was formerly known for most years when a team was in Ottawa as the Rough Riders. However once the team folded a number of years ago. The other CFL team named the Saskatchewan Roughriders (one word not two) made a claim to the name and to keep it solely theirs even if it was spelled differently. In order for Ottawa to get its franchise back it needed to accept that it could no longer use Rough Riders. IMO and I am a Saskatchewan fan and a B.C. Lions fan too this is a silly decision as the history of CFL football in Ottawa was again Rough Riders. But meh at least a 9th. team is back beginning 2014. The league falls back to its long traditional divisions

CFL West Div.

British Columbia Lions

Calgary Stampeders

Edmonton Eskimos

Saskatchewan Roughriders

Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

CFL East Div.

Toronto Argonauts

Hamilton Tiger-Cats

Ottawa Red Blacks

Montreal Allouettes

The CFL plays an 18 game regular season and plays its playoffs through November to where the Grey Cup is typically played on the last Sunday in November. The CFL will have no problems playing its Grey Cup game in inclement weather, rain, snow, ice, fog what have you. Both B.C. and as of now Toronto have domed Stadiums but the rest of the league have out door stadiums. Toronto will need to move out of Roger's Centre by 2017 as the Roger's owned Toronto Blue Jays MLB Baseball team want to put natural turf in Rogers Centre and do not want football team tearing it up. It looks as if Toronto and the Ontario Govt. will renovate and expand BMO Field where the Toronto FC soccer club plays so that the Argos can have a suitable stadium to play at.

IMO, The Argos leaving the dingy, dark concrete monstrosity of Rogers Stadium will be good. It looks awful for CFL football as the Argos only avg about 20,000 fans per reg season game (idiot Torontonians who are too stupid to really support what is now a very good CFL football team on paper) and Rogers Stadium has 55,000 seats available for CFL football. Going to BMO field will be better in the long run.

The CFL game also has 3 downs and the field measures 110 yards long x 65 yards wide with 20 yard deep end zones. The goal posts are on the goal line not in back like the NFL field.

The CFL ball is a bit different than the NFL ball but both are now made by Wilson. Before 1995 Spalding was the CFL football maker and the ball had a name of J5V, which the story goes was going back to an early rugby ball back many decades ago that came from the Eaton's catalogue. Section J, Page 5, Item V. That's the story I heard back in the day :D/>/>

Just some FYI for our non Canadian pro football friends.

BTW I enjoy both the CFL and the NFL but a lot of my jerk face fellow citizens here have a hate on for CFL and for some reason can't like both games. They idiotically feel the CFL is bush league. But most of the lard assed, beer drinking, junk food eating idiots would be embarrassed by any CFL player if they ever tried to play the game with them. The CFL is the second best pro football league on the planet and a very different game to the well known and respected NFL game. Football fans including in the USA here give the CFL a watch next season you may enjoy the game too. The players are all top notch athletes for the game too. :cheers:/>/>

P.S.

CFL have 12 men on the field not 11 as in the NFL. But today its looking like the Seahawks have the 12th man going for them in the game :woot.gif:/>

Edited by Les / Creative Edge Photo

Man! There's some a$$-awful officiating going on during this NFC Championship game.......... :blink:/>/>

The whole season has been like this. That non-call on the fumble was a joke. Tough play to watch, given the injury to that guy.

The whole season has been like this. That non-call on the fumble was a joke. Tough play to watch, given the injury to that guy.

I wonder if the Seahawks fans will forgive the refs for Super Bowl XL? Nah, just kidding. That would be crazy.

It will be fun to see how the dust settles in two weeks, I don't have a dog in the fight just hope its fun. Stay classy, Sherman

True, but it worked out better for SF that they didn't call it a fumble. They ended up getting the ball with better field position on the next play.

Still, bad officiating in the game and neither team looked good during the 4th quarter.