Still pulling for the Steelers.

Pull harder :D

As a Seahawks fan remembering Superbowl XL, your current season makes me quite happy. The Steelers fans in Seattle are pretty grim....

That said, I hope your team's rebuild is sooner rather than later.

Cleveland in a move only to alienate every possible fan left is actively shopping Josh Gordon on the trade market. Undoubtably their best player and only two weeks after trading away Richardson. I came to accept the Richardson trade, if they trade Gordon they're dead to me.

Cleveland in a move only to alienate every possible fan left is actively shopping Josh Gordon on the trade market. Undoubtably their best player and only two weeks after trading away Richardson. I came to accept the Richardson trade, if they trade Gordon they're dead to me.

If the Browns keep winning games, I doubt they will remain dead for long. Besides, as soon as Richardson got traded, they started winning!

And my personal thanks this week go to the Bengals. Not only did they beat the Patriots, they also kept Brady from throwing a TD pass, snapping Tom Brady's consecutive game streak with a TD pass at 52... two shy of Drew Brees (who pass Unitas last year). Most excellent in my book since it screwed up the NFLs plans to use it to likely hype the Saints versus Marsha Brady and the Patriots matchup THIS weekend (which is likely the reason why the NFL decided to come up with that matchup in the first place).

WHO DAT! DEY DAT!

Edited by Jay Chladek

The Browns are still a mess of a team. Much offs reason they've won is because Josh Gordon was back from hai suspension. So trading him would definitely be putting the nail in the seasons coffin.

Browns win week 1 against Miami if Gordon was playing.

12244205.jpg

Poor masking, great decaling. Gloss and flat surfaces confusing... weathering?

HEY! I kinda like the new helmets, although the cat looks a little cartoonish. The confusion seems to work.....they haven't won a single game yet...... <_<

While we are on the subject of confusing surfaces........when do you think that the NFL will start recognizing testicular cancer the way they recognize breast cancer? I mean they had pink penalty flags last weekend, when will nut cancer get the same coverage? I even have an idea for the penalty flags........furry hack-n-sacks....... :thumbsup:

Oh well, I guess people like talking about hooters, but not too many people like talking about hairy ball pockets....... :dontknow:

Edited by Johnopfor

Pull harder :D/>

As a Seahawks fan remembering Superbowl XL, your current season makes me quite happy. The Steelers fans in Seattle are pretty grim....

That said, I hope your team's rebuild is sooner rather than later.

You guys still aren't over that huh? :deadhorse1: and thanks

How long did it take the Red Sox to get over the bambino? We've never won a superbowl and never get any respect, so there's going to be a (fun) chip on the shoulder in general for a bit yet. In general grudges and rivalries help make the game more fun, so I'm in no hurry to let the Steelers off the hook.

How long did it take the Red Sox to get over the bambino? We've never won a superbowl and never get any respect, so there's going to be a (fun) chip on the shoulder in general for a bit yet. In general grudges and rivalries help make the game more fun, so I'm in no hurry to let the Steelers off the hook.

As a long suffering (and now quite happy Red Sox fan) I just have to ask you to be patient. You may have to wait half a century or so, but your team WILL get there.

Go Sox!!!

If the Browns keep winning games, I doubt they will remain dead for long. Besides, as soon as Richardson got traded, they started winning!

And my personal thanks this week go to the Bengals. Not only did they beat the Patriots, they also kept Brady from throwing a TD pass, snapping Tom Brady's consecutive game streak with a TD pass at 52... two shy of Drew Brees (who pass Unitas last year). Most excellent in my book since it screwed up the NFLs plans to use it to likely hype the Saints versus Marsha Brady and the Patriots matchup THIS weekend (which is likely the reason why the NFL decided to come up with that matchup in the first place).

WHO DAT! DEY DAT!

Hey Jay -

Who are "dey"? If you don't mind, I'll tell you who dey are.

Dey sad losers on dey way back to Nawlin's in tears!

Best ending I've seen in a few years, NO is way over rated but it was still a fantastic finish.

The down side is that the Pats lost yet another crop of players. Can't believe the list of guys that are down. Tonight's body count includes Talib, Mayo and Amendola (victim of a dirty hit). At least Gronk is enjoying his paid vacation.

Edited by 11bee

While we are on the subject of confusing surfaces........when do you think that the NFL will start recognizing testicular cancer the way they recognize breast cancer? I mean they had pink penalty flags last weekend, when will nut cancer get the same coverage? I even have an idea for the penalty flags........furry hack-n-sacks....... :thumbsup:/>

Oh well, I guess people like talking about hooters, but not too many people like talking about hairy ball pockets....... :dontknow:/>

November is Movember, with the moustaches, to draw attention to men's health issues, although it doesn't get the attention breast cancer does.

Hey Jay -

Who are "dey"? If you don't mind, I'll tell you who dey are.

Dey sad losers on dey way back to Nawlin's in tears!

Sorry, but you are getting your DEYs and DATs mixed up. The DEYs are the Bengals, the DATs are the Saints. Since it was the Bengals who snapped the streak last week, that was why I put "DEY" in there in my attempt at some slang terminology.

As for what happened in NE, yes it was not so cool for the Saints. Moral of the story is do not EVER give a Tom Brady led offense a few seconds of game time in a one possession game, or things could get ugly at the end. I do admit though, it was vintage TB and I admire what I saw take place in that final drive, even if it was my team on the receiving end. I do think it is a bit funny though that a few Patriots fans were already heading for the parking lot after the non-converted 4th down made them think there was no chance of a comeback (or were they wanting to get home to watch the Red Sox in the ALCS?). They missed one heck of a finish and those who remained will remember that one for the rest of their lives.

All things considered, a 5 and 1 record is not a bad thing. The remaining undefeated teams are on the AFC side and that won't remain forever given that Denver and the Chiefs will meet in November for a division game (and who would have thought that the Broncos and Chiefs would be undefeated through week six in the first place?). The Saints are still on top of the NFC South as the rest of that division is NOT in very good shape at all and they also have a record that most of the NFC East would envy right now. The Saints will go home, learn from the mistakes and emerge a better team in the end. Will it be enough for a title run in the post season? Unknown. There is still A LOT of football left to play and the future still looks to be a bright one for the WHO DAT boys.

And BTW... DEY won today... over the Bills, in Overtime.

Edited by Jay Chladek

Sorry, but you are getting your DEYs and DATs mixed up. The DEYs are the Bengals, the DATs are the Saints. Since it was the Bengals who snapped the streak last week, that was why I put "DEY" in there in my attempt at some slang terminology.

As for what happened in NE, yes it was not so cool for the Saints. Moral of the story is do not EVER give a Tom Brady led offense a few seconds of game time in a one possession game, or things could get ugly at the end. I do admit though, it was vintage TB and I admire what I saw take place in that final drive, even if it was my team on the receiving end. I do think it is a bit funny though that a few Patriots fans were already heading for the parking lot after the non-converted 4th down made them think there was no chance of a comeback (or were they wanting to get home to watch the Red Sox in the ALCS?). They missed one heck of a finish and those who remained will remember that one for the rest of their lives.

All things considered, a 5 and 1 record is not a bad thing. The remaining undefeated teams are on the AFC side and that won't remain forever given that Denver and the Chiefs will meet in November for a division game (and who would have thought that the Broncos and Chiefs would be undefeated through week six in the first place?). The Saints are still on top of the NFC South as the rest of that division is NOT in very good shape at all and they also have a record that most of the NFC East would envy right now. The Saints will go home, learn from the mistakes and emerge a better team in the end. Will it be enough for a title run in the post season? Unknown. There is still A LOT of football left to play and the future still looks to be a bright one for the WHO DAT boys.

And BTW... DEY won today... over the Bills, in Overtime.

LOL... Sorry about my disfunctional terminology, I thought all that silly talk was a New Orleans thang.

I'll be honest, if this win cost the Patriots Talib or Mayo for the season (I'm guessing Amendola had a concussion and should hopefully be back soon), then I'd rather have taken a loss and kept those guys healthy. Especially Talib, he's pretty much the backbone of their secondary.

Last night was one of those special nights that a sports fan gets maybe once in his life. A classic last second Pats win, then the Sox pull a miracle off in the ALCS. Not optimistic about the Pats this season and I'll give the Sox a 50-50 shot to win this series. However, for today, it's pretty nice to be a sports fan in MA.

For the record - I do agree that the Saints are the stronger team, just don't like their coach or their scumbag safety for that helmet to helmet cheap shot on Amendola.

I'll leave you with this.. Sums up the game for the Saints. Unfortunately, it's also pretty much my reaction to the continuing string of passes being dropped by the Patriots all season.

815022964_zps62fed35b.gif

Edit - just saw this and have to add it. GO SOX!

BWg42XoCYAEQ9t5-thumb-450x499-116036_zpsadb7e5e4.jpg

Edited by 11bee
  • 2 weeks later...

Patriots finally looked like they had a real offense last night, too bad it was against a weak team like Pittsburgh. If they can pull off the same performance against Denver, I'll start to actually think they make it a ways in the post-season. Need to get a few more players healthy first.

Don't know what to make of the NY Jets, they slapped the Saints around pretty hard. Couple that with beating the Patriots and I'm just not sure if these guys are contenders or just lucky. So far, my money is on the latter, especially since NO is highly overrated.

KC continues to win, however, IMO they are still not a major force. They have benefited by one of the lightest schedules in the league and even Buffalo gave them a run yesterday. Like the Pats, if they can beat Denver that will make me look at them in a better light.

Dallas is in first.. sorry, I'm laughing too hard to add anything else.

Last observation is on the Miami hazing scandal. Incognito was just suspended for racial / sexual / violent texts, tweets and voice messages. If it turns out these are legit, that s***bag should be out for the season, if not permanently. In the meantime Philbin and the head office are doing a pretty poor job of damage control. The way things are going, Martin might own this team before the dust settles.

Edited by 11bee

New Orleans, overrated? We shall see coming down the stretch. I'm not saying they are Superbowl contenders mind you, but they do have a good set of weapons. Main thing that helped the Jets cause was when Sproles got turned into a Saints sandwich yesterday and concussed. As a result, the Saints had to go for the passing game as their running game was only one quarter of the total yardage that the Jets was (meaning the pass defense was able to firm up). That and the fact that Rex Ryan HAS faced Rob Ryan defenses in previous years. Besides, a loss is usually good for revealing what needs to be tweaked and with the NFC South division games coming up, the Saints will need to tweak some things.

As for Miami and the Incognito situation, sounds about like the same crap that got him released from the Rams when he threatened a coach. You KNOW in the wake of the Hernandez situation that the NFL is likely going to go hardline. What makes things different with the talk these days are things like Twitter and phone messaging, where the offender thinks he can get away with it. In years past, try saying that to somebody's face and usually the result was somebody getting pounded into the dirt. If you can't say it to somebody's face, don't say it at all. Incognito needs to get that fact into the few brain cells he has left.

Edited by Jay Chladek

Patriots finally looked like they had a real offense last night, too bad it was against a weak team like Pittsburgh.

Obvious troll is obvious. It was refreshing to not see a Brady hissy fit on the sideline, though.

I'll start to actually think they make it a ways in the post-season. Need to get a few more players healthy first.

Think they will make it all the way to conference championship before losing? Or just division? :thumbsup:/>/>

They have benefited by one of the lightest schedules in the league and even Buffalo gave them a run yesterday.

You want to talk light schedules?

Not everyone gets to play the bills, fins, and jets twice each a year. IF you take a look at the pats record they have lost to the (5-4) jets and bengals, Barely beat the (3-6) bills by 2 points after falling down early, beat the (2-7) Steelers, The winless bucs, the (2-6) Falcons,and They beat the fins who are .500.

Meaning the only teams New England have beat with a winning record are the Saints (who you say are over rated) and the jets, who you split games with so out of 9 games you are 7-2 and only beat 2 teams over 500.

I wouldn't go slagging the undefeated cheifs cup cake schedule after looking at what the pats have been playing the first half of the season. :whistle:/>

even Buffalo gave them a run yesterday.

What happened week 1 with Buffalo again?

head office are doing a pretty poor job of damage control.

sorry too lazy to google pictures of Gronk and Hernandez. Needless to say he has played his last game with the fins

Dallas is in first.. sorry, I'm laughing too hard to add anything else.

Stafford and that fake spike had me laughing so hard! Best Lions play of the season as far as I'm concerned. It was brilliant.

Big Picture the Cowboys D let them down again. How were they giving up long passes down the sidelines to set up the pass to the 1? Once again I must emphasize the Dallas Defense is horrible, and they consistently put the Dallas offense in last second drives to win, or give up leads at the end.

Edited by TaiidanTomcat

Obvious troll is obvious. It was refreshing to not see a Brady hissy fit on the sideline, though.

Think they will make it all the way to conference championship before losing? Or just division? :thumbsup:/>/>/>

Easy Tom, you don't have to go into attack mode. I wasn't trolling, the Steelers suck. Their own players are admitting it to the press. If you feel otherwise, you are part of a very small group. I always respected them and looked forward to the Pat's playing them each season. It's sad to see a team like this struggling.

As far as the Pats, you can throttle back on them as well. I've said from the get-go that they are struggling as well and are certainly not a league powerhouse like previous seasons. They definitely have benefited from a light schedule. Before they lost so many key players, I thought they possibly could have made a decent run into the post-season. As things stand now, they will definitely make the playoffs but that should be as far as they go.

Out of idle curiosity - what is your issue w/ Gronk? I think the guy milked his injury longer than he should have but aside from a bunch of juvenile off-field antics, I don't see him in the same class as Hernandez and Incognito.