Still can't believe that my wife's waters broke in the hours after finishing this 6 month build. Family has been at home for 8 days now, and we are going along pretty well.

I took the opportunity to snap a few shots of the model whilst getting my camera gear out for the baby, so lets call these my final pics.

Good from afar, but far from good :lol:/>

10015514046_dc82aaf24c_b.jpg

All jokes aside, here are the gritty details

10015376506_c548a76330_b.jpg

10015361905_80cdd86113_b.jpg

10015327274_c5e0294c0e_b.jpg

10015369335_bfd08d3bde_b.jpg

10015395076_a6f5b6dddd_b.jpg

Hope you like it!

Jim

:thumbsup:

Jim,

I love the in progress thread and seeing how you took control of the build. Masterful work and congratulations on the baby!! Your humor during the thread is great and I hope to see more of your builds. Nice clean build area and again, awesome B-17!!

Best wishes

Mike

Thanks for the feedback kind sirs.

Excellent!!! I assume this is the Monogram kit? what about the decals what did you use?

yerp, 'tis the old revellogram kit. The decals are just the kit issue, and they were actually quite nice to work with. Maybe slightly thick, but that just stops sloppy fools like me from tearing them!

Very nice Fort :thumbsup:/>

Which unit was the subject with?

Oh, and congratulations on the new addition to your family.

Edited by MikeC
:jaw-dropping: :jaw-dropping: When I first hit the online forums, some of the first kits I saw in the finished build forums were Flying Forts, and they were magnificent...this one is second to none of those, it is in a word outstandingly Spectacular...Ok two words :whistle: :D .

Congrats on the baby!

Nice work there. weasel.png

Had to bring on a special smily for such an accomplishment.

I've been working on that kit for about 12 years. Never seems to make it past the test fit stage..............

• 2 weeks later...