1/48 Kinetic Alpha Jet

Looks like they came out great! Looking forward to seeing the final pictures.

Here they are:

P1190765_zps0259a87e.jpg

P1190766_zps4f2ba3ef.jpg

P1190767_zps8d519480.jpg

P1190768_zpsa6ee32ca.jpg

P1190769_zps6a22c014.jpg

Fantastic looking Alpha jets. Cant wait to see the finished product, way to go!!!!!

Thanks JMan.

In summary about this kit - it is really not that bad. There are a few small areas where great care must be taken to avoid large gaps, but once you know where to glue things like the main wheel bay in place, and what order to install parts, it becomes quite tolerable. Another great kit from Kinetic, who have filled a lot of gaps in the types of aircraft I want to build.

Hopefully by following along and seeing my small stumbles here and there, those of you who are interested can make some really good versions of this kit!

I am happy to have finished these. Next project is a Revell C-160 Transall in 1/72, another build for a colleague. He flew them in France before emigrating to Canada several years ago.

ALF

Great job!!!! They look beautifull

Thanks Neo.

P.S. - had any time for modelling lately?

Very nice turn out!70.gif

Thanks Shawn.

:thumbsup:/> They came out great. I know I enjoy building for others more than myself and I'm sure the recipients loved these jets.

Thx Falcon driver. I do and don't like building for others. It's fun to give it to them and see the reaction, but I also feel pressure to do things a certain way, which kind of takes the fun out of it somewhat. Also, it prevents me from dropping the kit and going to something else, just because I change focus one day; I feel obliged to finish them quicker.

All this vanishes, of course, after I see how happy they are with the finished product. Yesterday, I had an office-full of student pilots oohing and ahing over the two Alpha Jets on the shelf, as one of the recipients admired his new model. Moments like that make it worth while.

ALF

Nice work pal. I'm glad the recipients were appreciative of the effort and the gift. They turned out very well. I now look forward to your Transall build. Will you grace us with your efforts on that project too?

Great job ALF!

Mike

The best gifts are always something someone has donated his/her time and skills to make for you. Good onya'.

Doctor... Glueblob? :rofl: Love your alias.

You have stated quite well how I felt about this project. When "L" saw her model for the first time, she just cooed and expressed the French equivalent of "awesome" (c'est bien cool ça!). She just stared at it, looked everywhere, and asked me if I would sign the bottom in permanent marker. I only charged her and "S" the amount it cost to order and ship from Lucky Model; I actually invested my own paint into these jets. But these two are students, work really hard, and deserve a little gift of time and materials.

Really nice job Dan with a kit that looks more than tricky to build. I really like the color choice! Really cool. :thumbsup:/>

Thanks Chuck.

Will you be building one of these, or is it not enough of a pig to put lipstick on? :coolio:

ALF

Nice work pal. I'm glad the recipients were appreciative of the effort and the gift. They turned out very well. I now look forward to your Transall build. Will you grace us with your efforts on that project too?

Great job ALF!

Mike

Thanks Mike. Look for the Transall in the current ARC Special Ops group build; my colleague tells me that he has flown special ops folks around in his Transall, and that they also provided protection for the aircraft and crew in some delicate ops in Africa.

LOL yeah yeah rub it in :P/>

Actually i did manage a little.

So whats next??

Glad to hear the little "carbon-based unit" is not absorbing ALL of your time. Looking forward to seeing her, BTW. Look for my Revell Transall soon! I have opened the box, and am examining the huge parts on the sprues...

Your Alpha Jets turned out really nice Dan! Your build tips have certainly helped me plan my Alpha Jet build down the road. One question though, were any ECM pods included with the kit?

Thanks Colin!

Glad to have provided some insight into the build process on this kit. I don't think there are any ECM pods provided with the kit for the inboard pylons, but there are two more fuel tanks, so you can make a 4-tank load if you want. There is also a centreline mounted gun pod.

ALF

• 2 months later...

Hi Alf

Sorry to say but you may have done something wrong! Im building the same kit and i didn't have 1/10 of the problems you shown here. Im saying this because some modellers may give up on this kit based in your pictures.

Its not a Tamiya, but its better than some Hasegawas i build before (compared with the Harrier this one is a walk on the park :D )

Curiously the gap you mentioned its (for me) the best fit in all kit!!! Its almost perfect!!! :D :D :D and really well engineered you open the upper part and Voilá!!! perfect fit!

Regards

Vitor Costa