1/32 Italeri Starfighter looks to be a beauty!

not bad but: nozzle looks stange and too short for late German G or Italian S, fins of fuel tanks and missiles lokks thick and the Martin Backer lacks something....

it looked like there was a second nozzle on the sprue, it might have just been the open version though

While I don't really have much desire to do 1/32 subjects due to the fact that I don't have room to store the completed models, the Starfighter is tempting since I at least have a fighting chance to get it done and displayed on a shelf. I like what I see. In my case though, I would love to do one up as a NASA F-104N or as the rocket powered NF-104 (should Fisher be convinced to do a resin conversion kit of the subject in any event). The Red Baron RB-104 would also be tempting to do as well.

Minor accuracy issues aside, looks like an F-104 to me and I will probably buy one based on what I see here.

not bad but: nozzle looks stange and too short for late German G or Italian S, fins of fuel tanks and missiles lokks thick and the Martin Backer lacks something....

I think you are looking at a closed nozzle, both open and closed are provided.

There are better images on Italeris Facebook page.

I hear Danny at Daco helped with this kits design.

"There are better images on Italeris Facebook page."

- These are the same pictures dude

Yes Danny did help them so expecting big things from this release

No, there were many more images there in much better detail. If they deleted them I don't know as I haven't had another look. I do know they kept changing things on Facebook.

Hi there.

Just FYI I have an existing decal sheet that is the same era markings (RCAF+3) that will correct the known issues with the kit decals. I also have another, very extensive, CF-104 set in the works.

Thanks

David

Hi there.

Just FYI I have an existing decal sheet that is the same era markings (RCAF+3) that will correct the known issues with the kit decals. I also have another, very extensive, CF-104 set in the works.

Thanks

David

Awesome!! Look forward to them David! I have always liked all the schemes we had on the Starfighter.

• 1 month later...

Looks nice, but is that seriously what you get for cockpit "detail"? Some etched circles on a flat PE panel? For the price Italieri are bound to be charging, that looks pretty chintzy...

Looks nice, but is that seriously what you get for cockpit "detail"? Some etched circles on a flat PE panel? For the price Italieri are bound to be charging, that looks pretty chintzy...

I was just thinking the same thing. their kits are generallyvery expensive and that side console looks like it has coasters for cups! also super weak seat.

$100 or so for the kit, add some resin, photoetch etc., you're only into it for only 2 Benjamins - aren't you worth it?

If you don't spend it, your wife or girlfriend will...

smile.gif

Edited by GEH737