1/32 Italeri Starfighter looks to be a beauty!

As there are only frontal pictures of the Contact Resine wheels, I'm not sure which type of tyre they actually depict - the original narrow, the wide ((T)F-104G) or the even wider type (late F-104G and F-104S)...? All three variants utilized the spoked wheel hub.

you're right Jeffrey... unfortunately I can't find any side pictures of the CR wheels :( and since the set is only one, or it has the narrow tires or those wider...

here's another picture, but same thing... I can not see the thickness of the tires:

cr322830.jpg

Edited by Alpagueur

It is all a matter of proportions Dave, if you can live with them don't warry!

I'm posting here some more photo references for you:

2qvdrhk.jpg

good pics Paolo, thanks for sharing!

is it an urban legend that the S version had the air intakes slightly wider than the G version?

regards

good pics Paolo, thanks for sharing!

is it an urban legend that the S version had the air intakes slightly wider than the G version?

regards

Yes, it was written in a book by Nico Sgarlato around 1978 and copied by several authors since then. Dimensions were exactly the same, differences were on the auxiliary air intake and by the fact the interior of the air intakes of the S was made in steel instead of aluminium.

ciao Paolo, thanks for the info... anyway I checked a Nico Sgarlato's book (Delta Publishing) and it speaks of a slight enlargement (and 23mm backwarding), but still present...

1zx5wte.jpg

concerning the Contact Resine tyres, if they are OK for the S version then they are automatically wrong for the G version (the label on the bag says only F-104 and not G rather than S)

regards

ciao Paolo, thanks for the info... anyway I checked a Nico Sgarlato's book (Delta Publishing) and it speaks of a slight enlargement (and 23mm backwarding), but still present...

As I said Sgarlato is the one to blame for this WRONG legend. I spent a full day measuring one and it was EXAcTLY the same as G model in dimensions.

As I said Sgarlato is the one to blame for this WRONG legend. I spent a full day measuring one and it was EXAcTLY the same as G model in dimensions.

OK :thumbsup:

where can I find photos of the "box" behind the electronic compartment of the S/CI version? Unfortunately the Daco book shows only the ammunition box of the G (and I suppose S/CB) version... but the CIO do not have the gun so I do not know what's in there instead of the ammunition drum :unsure:

thanks again.

Luca

Edited by Alpagueur

OK :thumbsup:/>

where can I find photos of the "box" behind the electronic compartment of the S/CI version? Unfortunately the Daco book shows only the ammunition box of the G (and I suppose S/CB) version... but the CIO do not have the gun so I do not know what's in there instead of the ammunition drum :unsure:/>

thanks again.

Luca

On the CI variant the back of computer bay was usually filled with an internal fuel tank as the one made in the 48 scale DACO set

ay22p2.jpg

2eekfm8.jpg

29c9vmd.jpg

but when the aircraft was coming back from a deployment the fuel tank was quite often removed and the space fille dwith cheeses, vines, beers. Carlos Primeros, champagne and other grocery :woot.gif:

but when the aircraft was coming back from a deployment the fuel tank was quite often removed and the space fille dwith cheeses, vines, beers. Carlos Primeros, champagne and other grocery

I saw one in Cameri in the 80s full of stereo equipment from Germany ....

Hello Paolo, thanks for the photos and congratulations for your S/CI (I like very much the air intakes covers... did you scratchbuild them?)

with all those opened bays it really looks good :woot.gif:/> I'd like to make one just like that

I'd like to purchase that 1/48 Daco set... what's its item-code? regards

Edited by Alpagueur

Hello Paolo, thanks for the photos and congratulations for your S/CI (I like very much the air intakes covers... did you scratchbuild them?)

with all those opened bays it really looks good :woot.gif:/> I'd like to make one just like that

I'd like to purchase that 1/48 Daco set... what's his item-code? regards

The intakes come with the set, currently it is out of stock, sorry, production run will re-start in March, directly from DACO Productions web page, no given code so far.

Restart in March?!?!?!

Whyyyyyyy? I thought Danny sold the first production sets and is awaiting the main delivery now?

I guess because it will took some times to produce a full container of sets and ship it from China....

Now back at Italeri offering: low viz Italian roundels should be 9.39 mm in 1/32 scale, those in the kit are 15,00 mm to big by 1/3!!!

2zi1w8l.jpg

the real thing

517kno.jpg

Speaking of ejection chute for fired ammunition: all Italian bombers were quite early modified to keep the spent cartridge inside so the ejection chute was closed with a flat panel on all italian F-104G/S/ASA/ASA-M regarderless to the fact that they kept the Vulcan or not.

Edited by Paolo Maglio