Quite a while ago I started a 1/32 Gripen kit. As in, trying to make a kit. I got most of the basic shapes but then stalled. Recently I've picked this back up and have been working on getting it to assemble-able parts.

Here are the basic fuselage pieces.

2013-10-02_22-44-04_943.jpg

As I said I'm working on getting the pieces to fit together. Top and bottom of the front fuselage are almost there.

2013-10-02_22-35-33_225.jpg

Wow! Epic challenge! Looks like a great start. Will you be doing it as a one off or are you thinking of releasing to the public?

The plan is to create a resin kit for release. Got a ways yet though.

Made some progress over the last little while. A coat of primer makes everything look quite a bit smoother (and reveals some additional flaws).

2013-10-10_20-48-21_345.jpg

I built this piece a while ago. It's the shroud/bulkhead at the rear of the cockpit. Details are mostly plastic and guitar string.

IMAG0661.jpg

IMAG0658.jpg

The fit of this piece to the fuselage is not so great though. It looks okay, but still needs some work.

IMAG0663.jpg

I roughed out the cockpit tub a while ago as well. It's not detailed yet but the shapes are pretty good.

2013-10-10_20-53-25_883.jpg

It fits into the fuselage just fine, but I still need to add tabs or something to the fuselage piece to help fix it in place during assembly. Overall though, I'm very happy with the positioning and shapes.

IMAG0678.jpg

Still need to tweak a few things with the fit but I hope to start detailing this portion soon.

Edited by titan