Japan SDF Group Build

63 members have voted

1. 1. JSDF Group Build

• Yes
    • No

Hello,

July 1st 2014 will be the 60th anniversary of the Japanese Self-Defense Forces, would anybody be interested in a Group Build next year to mark the event? Any subject that was/is in the JGSDF, JASDF, or JMSDF since 1954 would be applicable.

Edited by White Wolf

Yes, yes, yes, and YES!!!

I've got phantoms, I've got Type 74 tanks, I've got eagles, I've got star fighters. Oh, this will be a good one.

I propose you set it up to end on the date of the aniversry. Would be a nice dedication to the men that served in Japan's post-war defense.

Yes, yes, yes, and YES!!!

I've got phantoms, I've got Type 74 tanks, I've got eagles, I've got star fighters. Oh, this will be a good one.

I propose you set it up to end on the date of the aniversry. Would be a nice dedication to the men that served in Japan's post-war defense.

So, January 1st 2014 to July 1st 2014? From the GB Calendar there'll be 3 other GBs going on during this period, plus more later when March comes around...would it be too packed a schedule for everyone?

January to July might be a bit densely packed for me, what with helping mod the Aus-NZ GB, plus planning on taking part in the ASW, Bare it all and Bad Boys GBs...

How about starting on the 1st of July instead? Kinda appropriate, I think... the JSDF started on the 1st, the GB starts on the 1st...?

Being a mod is easy. Just keep the GB in sight. The mod should talk it up any time someone posts in his/her GB. Compliment or critique as you see fit. The more traffic you provide the more successful a GB can be. Its "nice" to have prizes at the end of a GB but that is certainly NOT a requirement.

Look at some of the recent GBs. The ones were the moderator talked it up seem the most succesful. The ones were the mod tended to be pretty quiet had much less business. A nice banner at the bottom of your posts also helps to advertise.

You have a great idea with 20 "yes" votes in a day or two. You should get lots of business. Just up to you to keep it visible.

Other things the mod should do (once the GB is started) is start and "pin" important topics (you will receive that power once your GB starts)

Such topics as, The rules. Inspiration, Completed builds, Prizes (if your giving any) Just look at some of the recent successful completed builds and you will see what worked.

It is actually quite simple.

Edited by phantom

Thanks. I guess the only thing now is for everyone to agree on a date that suits the majority.

1. January 1st 2014 to July 1st 2014 (ends on the anniversary)

2. July 1st 2014 to December 1st 2014 (starts on the anniversary)

Sometimes dealers or/and producers of AM stuff are sponsoring a GB. So the GB modeller can get their decals, resin, ... for a lower price. I think that makes a GB also more attractive. Ofc they are promoted by that way and other modellers can see how it looks like when their stuff contributes to an awesome model!