Japan SDF Group Build

63 members have voted

1. 1. JSDF Group Build

• Yes
    • No

Thanks. I guess the only thing now is for everyone to agree on a date that suits the majority.

1. January 1st 2014 to July 1st 2014 (ends on the anniversary)

2. July 1st 2014 to December 1st 2014 (starts on the anniversary)

Does it have to be a 6 month window? I'll definitely need more time, I'm a busy guy!

Does it have to be a 6 month window? I'll definitely need more time, I'm a busy guy!

According to the GB guidelines, the maximum time period allowed is 6 months. :(/> It can be shorter than 6 months though.

After thinking it through, I believe it would be best if the GB ran from July to December to let everyone take part in as many GBs as possible.

For what-ifs, I'm going to have to say no, unfortunately.

The search & rescue seaplanes and KV-107s fall under the maritime sdf correct?

Is Godzilla an option? The self defense forces need something to defend against don't they? :-)

The search & rescue seaplanes and KV-107s fall under the maritime sdf correct?

Seaplanes are all JMSDF. The maritime, ground, and air forces all used the V-107. The maritime ones have a number of different paint schemes (all dark, white top dark bottom, those with different yellow accents...). The rescue ones with yellow bottoms are air SDF.

Is Godzilla an option? The self defense forces need something to defend against don't they? :-)

Maybe, if you put it in a diorama with other 1/700 planes/tanks/ships. :D/>

Okay, I submitted the proposal in the GB section. A big thank you to those who voted and signed up, I was quite surprised at the amount of interest generated.

• 3 weeks later...

Couple weeks as I somehow missed your official request.

I found it and submitted it for the other 2 GB mods to vote on. Gets a yes from me, date is always the sticking point but might be ok.

Actually we are just waiting for one other mod to vote yes.

Edited by phantom
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys, I made a simple banner for this GB if anyone's interested. The dates are subjected to change of course, depending on what the mods say. Also, I dun goofed when I said it was from July to December; upon checking the rolling start calendar I realized that the finish date for July GBs is in January the following year. :doh:/>/>

JSDFBanner2_zpsb42aca99.jpg

f2a_zpscce4a227.jpg

mh53e_zps5949b2db.jpg

ah1s_zps8e9073f1.jpg

Edited by White Wolf
  • 1 month later...

I'd like to participate in this GB. How do I join?

It starts next July. There will be a thread where you tell everyone what you will be building. Then you start building and keep us updated on your build process using your own thread.

Wow only $20.00!! I wish I would have seen your post first. I just PayPal'd another member $200.00! ;)

I'll be doing either a Kai phantom or F-15 White Dragon or....

So many choices.

This will be my first GB.

Thanks

Mike

Wow only $20.00!! I wish I would have seen your post first. I just PayPal'd another member $200.00! ;)/>/>

I'll be doing either a Kai phantom or F-15 White Dragon or....

So many choices.

This will be my first GB.

Thanks

Mike

The Shiro Ryu is an excellent choice! :thumbsup:/>