MiG-21 Warpaint book

I've finished reading...

Warpaint91.jpg

... last week and I'm pretty impressed. It's probably the most accurate English written book about the MiG-21. Richard Caruana forgot that the bis nose shape is different (as everybody whistle.gif) but the Vladimir Trendafilovski's text seems accurate and informative.

Message to Gabor: shouldn't you empty your PM box ?

I`ll search.No chance of finding this stuff here in Macedonia.I would have to order this online smile.gif

thanks.

You're welcome. Oh I forgot to say that 30 pages of the book is devoted to MiG-21 service in (ex-) Yugoslavia.

No, remember the Treaty of Trianon... whistle.gif/>

Belgian people are not funny icon_mrgreen.gif

Holger Müller (journalist and MiG-21.de webmaster) liked the book too.

Edited by Laurent

My question would be (and please don't take this the wrong way), is there anything in it we haven't seen before? I mean, it's not as if MiG-21 references are especially lacking. If it's got photos of stuff we haven't seen, then I'm in.

My question would be (and please don't take this the wrong way), is there anything in it we haven't seen before? I mean, it's not as if MiG-21 references are especially lacking. If it's got photos of stuff we haven't seen, then I'm in.

Many of the photos except perhaps some of the (ex-)Yugoslav ones have already been published. It's the text that explains what to see in the photos that I find interesting. Do you know when during bis production the straight front frame of windscreen side part appeared ? Do you know why pilots who had to evacuate their F-13/PF/FL usually jettisoned the canopy before ejecting ? Answers of these kind of questions are written in the book. The text gives you the opportunity to understand better the MiG-21.

A thing remains not 100% clear to me though. When did the "bis tubular nose" appear ? In 1973 during production of the SMT when the R-25-300 started to be used (izd. 50bis) ?

Edited by Laurent

Yes, the book is excellent, I have seen it at the E Day in Prague. Did not buy is for the moment (too many other expenses at the show) but will get it next time.

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor, you were on E-day this year!? But unfortunately you didn´t wear a name tag on your chest! I had been there too and would have liked talking to you concerning MiG twentyones! Next year same location?

Best regards Rainer

Edited by Rainer 2