Hello everyone,

I'm building my first helo, Academy's CH-53E 1/48 and I'd like to have a vehicle coming out of it's ramb.

The only picture I've found is for a Land Wiesel 2 comming out of an MH-53.

Does anyone know what other vehicles I can use?

Thanks

Hello everyone,

I'm building my first helo, Academy's CH-53E 1/48 and I'd like to have a vehicle coming out of it's ramb.

The only picture I've found is for a Land Wiesel 2 comming out of an MH-53.

Does anyone know what other vehicles I can use?

Thanks

Why not a Tamiya 1/48th HUMMV?

Floyd

Hi boys

Humvee does no go inside, that´s why there is the project of the new larger CH-53 K

You can only imagine a M1161 or M1163 ITV or perhaps a M-gator

the first one was converted from a jeep ...

Norbert

for Vietnam era you could use an M151 and or its trailer, M274 Mule or a mighty mite jeep. you could also use a weapons trailer from Hasegawa or ESCI. Never saw a Hummer inside a 53 ,only as a sling load. You might even the the NC-8 from Skunk works. I have hauled nitrogen carts like those that Verlinden used to make and farm tractors similar to the ESCI ground support tractor.

Gary

...for Vietnam era you could use an M151 and or its trailer, M274 Mule or a mighty mite jeep.

Not really an option as the MH-53E was not fielded until 1975. You could still use an M151A2, but not really the Mule.

Hi boys

Humvee does no go inside, that´s why there is the project of the new larger CH-53 K

You can only imagine a M1161 or M1163 ITV or perhaps a M-gator

the first one was converted from a jeep ...

Norbert

Hey, thanks for the heads up regarding the CH-53K 377.gif !

It appears Sikorsky is super-sizing the Echo just like McDonnell Douglas super-sized the F-18 Hornet:

ch-53x-hlr.jpg

BTW; HLR stands for 'heavy Lift Replacement'.

The Super Hornet was increased 25% over the Hornet. It appears the 'Kilo' is about the same increase over the Echo.

Not really an option as the MH-53E was not fielded until 1975. You could still use an M151A2, but not really the Mule.

You are correct Sir, I did not read the original post correctly. Did not see the "E".The M151A2 served well into the early 80's in the Corps.

Gary

I never carried a Humvee - theoretically it fit, though it would be so tight as to be unpractical. I did haul around these though - in fact we did a lot of practice with the drivers to get them on and off quickly.

They are called IFAV's Interim Fast Attack Vehicles. Google IFAV you'll find lots o' pitchuers.

60n1.jpg

Now the next trick would be to build one in 1/48th.

Timmy!

I never carried a Humvee - theoretically it fit, though it would be so tight as to be unpractical. I did haul around these though - in fact we did a lot of practice with the drivers to get them on and off quickly.

They are called IFAV's Interim Fast Attack Vehicles. Google IFAV you'll find lots o' pitchuers.

60n1.jpg

Now the next trick would be to build one in 1/48th.

Timmy!

Great Info Timmy

IFAV is a modified Mercedes Wolf (or G) and there is even a conversion kit for the Revell Wolf in 1/35.

But what about 1/48 ?

Peugeot P4 is also a modified Mercedes Wolf

it exists in resin from Propaganda Company (a rough model with bubbles, I have one in my stash, but there is the advntage of resin tires)

There are also 1/50 or 1/48 models from Solido and Verem

So nothing impossible that way... with a evergreen conversion set :)

Norbert

Great Info Timmy

IFAV is a modified Mercedes Wolf (or G) and there is even a conversion kit for the Revell Wolf in 1/35.

But what about 1/48 ?

Peugeot P4 is also a modified Mercedes Wolf

it exists in resin from Propaganda Company (a rough model with bubbles, I have one in my stash, but there is the advntage of resin tires)

There are also 1/50 or 1/48 models from Solido and Verem

So nothing impossible that way... with a evergreen conversion set :)/>

Norbert

RE: Humvees in H-47s , Our local National Guard unit has H-47s. I remember a Crew Chief telling me one WILL fit, but it's as tight as frogs butt under water! (Pretty tight or he'd sink!) Said they had a couple birds end up in the shop for twisted metal and torn up electric and hydraulics from Humvee bumpers. I don't know if it is Army wide, but their Company will only sling load Humvees.