1:48 Messerschmitt Bf.109 G-6 by Eduard

Yeah, but with their last Emil release they have a solid foundation for a Gustav. I think it has the potential to be the best yet...of course I'm a big fan of Eduard kits. :)/>

I never claim to be a experten on 109's but I was NOT impressed with the Eduard 1/48th Emil, they made many of the same shape errors as they did the 1/32nd scale one.....you just don't notice them as bad the scale.

I'll wait and see what they do before I decide on buying one

They must have a masochistic streak a mile wide. Anybody who would willingly do a new Bf109 kit these days is begging to be roasted on a spit.

I'm just shocked you would have a negative attitude about an Eduard new release! Shocked! Let them do what they want, why do you care if they succeed?

It really is quite ridiculous how much you pick on Eduard.

Edited by jester292

profi pack boxings are a real bargain IMO.

Not to mention their no frills "Weekend Edition" kits at Revell prices. They are competing, and succeeding, in all corners of the market right now. Their etch and resin are top notch and their "Limited Edition" kits appeal to collectors and builders alike; same with their "Royal Class" kits. The kit decals are the best of any (kit) manufacturer. Eduard are steamrolling through the industry while raising the standard for quality and affordability.

Not everything they do appeals to me, but their product is always improving.

Aaron

Edited by jester292

I'm just shocked you would have a negative attitude about an Eduard new release! Shocked! Let them do what they want, why do you care if they succeed?

I don't mean to speak for Jennings, however I do not think there was any bad ink towards eduard. I read his comment as how can anyone hope to produce a 109 without flak from the internet experts. No matter how good the kit may be someone will find flaws, and in this case I do not believe that Jennings was referring to himself. I think he was being quite humorous in his post, and that is the message I took from it.

I don't mean to speak for Jennings, however I do not think there was any bad ink towards eduard. I read his comment as how can anyone hope to produce a 109 without flak from the internet experts. No matter how good the kit may be someone will find flaws, and in this case I do not believe that Jennings was referring to himself. I think he was being quite humorous in his post, and that is the message I took from it.

Understandable. I was putting his attitude into context, more or less. The 109 market will always be saturated, so why pick on any manufacturer?

Aaron

Understandable. I was putting his attitude into context, more or less. The 109 market will always be saturated, so why pick on any manufacturer?

Aaron

I don't think he is picking on any manufacturer. That is his point the market is saturated, and any manufacturer will be roasted for tooling one. By those that are convinced that no tooling will be good enough, those that recall the one produced by company abc back in 19xx is always going to be best. Those that believe why should there be another 109 when we have too many on the market and what we really need is a (insert your pet project here). And lastly those that scream and whine how dare eduard charge $x for said kit.

Modelers piss and moan more than a teenage girls hockey team that just lost the championship game. And the 109 brings out boo birds like no other, except perhaps the spitfire crew. So regardless of how nice, accurate, or well priced the eduard kit will be, there will be plenty of negative electrons (pun intended) bouncing about the internet over this kit.

I never claim to be a experten on 109's but I was NOT impressed with the Eduard 1/48th Emil, they made many of the same shape errors as they did the 1/32nd scale one.....you just don't notice them as bad in the scale.

I'll wait and see what they do before I decide on buying one

Right on. Let's pray it is not Emil based. After all, it's only the first real shot at the most produced Me-109 in exactly 25 years. Haven't you heard? The market is choked to death with those...

Robertson

companies will always flood the market with 109's and spitfires.

make a 1/48 sea fury already.........

As much as I would like to see a new Sea Fury I'm not going to complain all the time companies are making improvements over what's already out there, of course if Eduard mess this one up, then I will not be happy.

What on earth leads you to conclude that anything I said was in any way, shape, form, or fashion a "negative attitude" about Eduard? In point of fact, what I said was that they're actually pretty damn brave.

Where do people come up with thus stuff?

Edited by Jennings

As much as I would like to see a new Sea Fury I'm not going to complain all the time companies are making improvements over what's already out there, of course if Eduard mess this one up, then I will not be happy.

well said. zero problems it's better then whats already out.

I wish tamiya would downscale their spitfires as well. specially their Mk.16.

What on earth leads you to conclude that anything I said was in any way, shape, form, or fashion a "negative attitude" about Eduard? In point of fact, what I said was that they're actually pretty damn brave.

Where do people come up with thus stuff?

Jennings,

You have been rather notably negative towards Eduard in the past (the Spitfire thread comes to mind). But you certainly aren't being so here. A new 109 kit will pretty much always get flack (look at the recent Revell Gustav in 1/32, plenty of kvetching there for what is by all accounts an excellent kit)

In response to others, there's little in an Emil which can be reused for a Gustav, they just don't have much in common parts-wise except the length & basic configuration. Maybe the L/G legs and some cockpit bits can be reused but that's about it.

Hi There

I just hope that the battle will be fierce between Eduard and Dragon Cyber Hobby.( if any )

The end result could only brings benefit to the 109 fan community.

As long as the 109E is concerned the Cyber Hobby still got a slight advantage on Eduard.( just MY opinion !)

I am just talking about the plastic , not the whole content of the box.

On the whole Eduard is just more appealing with his Profi pack offer.

Anyway, I just hope for the best !. A 1/32 109G with Eduard 1/48 Spit Mk.IX quality of research and execution ...

With the Revell model now well installed on the shelves,Eduard and CyberHobby can't ignore where to be careful !.

Just my 2 cents.

Have a nice day.

Madcop :D/>

I'm a big fan of Eduard and i'am patriotistic proud of this most sucessful czech model company... But for me is too late. A huge Revell "Gustav" is here, is made as "G-6" universal kit with parts for early or late "one-hundred-nine", haven't shape problem... When you don't prefer 1/48 i think a 1/32 Revell mess is best choice...