Legion Condor Ju 52

Hey all,

I'm thinking about building a Legion Condor Ju 52, and I need help with the paint scheme.

This is the aircraft I'd like to model using Revell's excellent 1/48th scale Ju 52 kit

ju52Civilwar_zps4be1d5ff.jpg

I don't know if the Spanish Civil War markings are available in decal form, but what really stumps me is the tri-color camo,

Any suggestions and help would be appreciated :thumbsup:/>

Cheers, Ian

Ian,

I saw a 1/48 Ju-52 kit in a show earlier this year finished like that and thought - "I've got to get markings like that as well" it looked so good! I picked up the Revell boxed kit 85-5612 (toting Monogram instructions Kit #5612) in 2003 however it had the markings for a Ju-52 based in Italy or Russia in 1942. (Calling for a RLM 71/62 over 65 finish)

If anyone has the Spanish Civil war markings (they are willing to part with) - let Ian or I know as I'm guessing we are both interested in these. w00t.gif (Perhaps you'd like to finish yours in Italian or Russian campaign markings and we can trade.)

Cheers,

David Email me

Dave,

My issue has the ambulance markings and markings for a unit in the Balkans in 1942.

I've seen Nationalist markings for the Bf 109s in Spain from about 1936 till the war ended in 1939, but nothing for the Ju 52s

If you run across any Civil war markings for the JU 52, let me know :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ian

Guys,

The Ju-52 in the photo looks like it was done using Montex Masks. Montex Mask # K 48070 has markings for two Legion Condor Ju-52s. I do not know of any other aftermarket decals for these aircraft. The original ProModeller release was kit # 85-5944. Note, the Motex system might be easier to work with over the corrugated surfaces.

HTH,

Dave

Good news! It exists and it's cheap! With decals!

Shocking news! It seems to mostly be there even after all this time!

Bad news...it was built by me after about a 10 year break from the hobby.I seem to have lost one of the landing gear for the Spanish civil war version. The skinnier version is still on the sprue but you're going to have to consult resources on if that is useful or you'll have to scratch. I will have a looksee if I can find it.

BB8E5A18-E2AF-4897-8BD6-074707454446-809-000000B44D221CA2_zps0ac96a79.jpg

4BA477E1-E502-4DD0-8F0D-D486F3D36C56-809-000000B4353DDD63_zps9fe49de7.jpg