Yes I have seen it yesterday and I was very impressed. Alfonso CuarĂ³n did his homework regarding the laws of physics in space. Also, from what I know about it, all spacecraft were accurate and had the right names except for the orbiter that has the name Explorer instead of an actual shuttle name but that's fine. It seemed like a quite unlikely scenario but yet plausible. There's nothing in the movie that I'd call bullshit right away. I think the spacecraft hobbyists out here can watch the movie without irritations that are caused by plain inaccuracies, instead they will be amazed by the beautiful realistic views of the earth and the spacecraft :)

The acting work was impressive. I felt like being up there in space sharing the same problem with the characters :sunrevolves:/>

Edited by TheFlyingDutchman

Check engineering at the door, but a lot of it is visually comparable. I view it in the same vein as The Right Stuff. Not accurate, but captured the feelings of the times. Things like the orbit altitude and inclination of Hubble vs. ISS are off. Spacesuit wise, lots wrong, but I can only see that because I worked on the real ones. Every astronaut I know that has gone to see it has said similar things. With all of that said, it's my favorite movie this year.

Edited by spacehawk

I saw it today and was underwhelmed. I had high expectations but the story just didn't "grab" me, even seeing it in 3D. The CGI and special effects were impressive but somewhat inaccurate. I'll leave the technical nit-picking to others.

Sandra Bullock still looks good though... :)