Finished Builds

One of three special built recon birds used by the IDF. Extra long range camera birds that had the guns and radar removed for the fancy Loran camera system. Hasegawa F-4E with Paragon resin nose.. The refueling probe is made out of putty, a Q-tip and the end of a A-4 probe.

880ceab0-0c89-4a19-bf5a-b8ee118b70ab.jpg

DSC_0377.jpg

DSC_0378-2.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Here is my finished C-160 Transall, French Air Force, 61e Escadre (Wing) from Orléans. 1/72 scale, Revell.

I work at a Canadian Aviation College affiliated with the CEGEP de Chicoutimi (2 hours North of Quebec City, lost in the boonies). One of my colleagues is a retired military pilot from France; he flew the C-160 Transall with l'Armée de l'Air Francaise in Orléans, in the Loire Valley. "J" teaches ground school classes at the College with me; he has been here for about a dozen years after emigrating to Canada, and has helped me with my transition into this new career path for me.

One day, I saw the Revell C-160 kit for sale at a reasonable price. As a way of thanking J for his mentorship and assistance, I decided to build him one.

He personally flew Special Ops missions (sometimes in Africa) with this unit's aircraft. Here is my tribute to him, and to the other brave crews who flew these hazardous missions.

P1200248_zpsf88366ec.jpg

P1200249_zps64c1b385.jpg

P1200252_zps1216ddc1.jpg

P1200256_zps106059a3.jpg

P1200257_zpsd130460f.jpg

ALF