1/48 Su-33 Sea Flanker

Zactoman....ohhh Zactoman...I have a question for you, once a long while back you and I had a discussion about you and all your talents doing some stuff is 48th, remember?, at which time you politely said;no; at that time, and even now I still hold on to a thread of hope you'll change your mindset toward us 48th scalers , and provide for us the brilliant products you do for the larger, and smaller scales, even the 72nd kids suffer your disdain for our scales, IT'S NOT FAIR :explode: :D, we deserve love too. Well since you're involved rather deeply with the Sea Flanker project...has your stance on doing products in 1/48th changed? :woot.gif::whistle:

Edited by #1 Greywolf

I am gonna take a chance and assume it is ok for Chris that i publish this. I could have sworn that i have seen renderings of the buddy-refuelling pod, but i cannot find them. So maybe they never existed. Otherwise things included will be:

R-27 (two types)

R-73

Kh-41

ECM pods

And all the pylons of course.

Id be happy with that :)

• 3 weeks later...
I know how you feel.

So do I...

I wish I had some new updates but I'm waiting for word as well.

As far as I know the tooling has been started. I'm anxiously awaiting word on when I can get a test shot.

There were problems with the decal art and it is being fixed.

I don't know if the instructions have been started. I have the camouflage/decal charts finished. The stencil decal charts are finished.

I don't know if the box art is finished other than the cover painting.

I still haven't heard of a release date or price.

I will post an update as soon as I learn anything new!

I am gonna take a chance and assume it is ok for Chris that i publish this. I could have sworn that i have seen renderings of the buddy-refuelling pod, but i cannot find them. So maybe they never existed. Otherwise things included will be:

R-27 (two types)

R-73

Kh-41

ECM pods

And all the pylons of course.

Thanks for posting Berkut :cheers: , but the info is not quite correct.

No buddy refueling pod. Never considered for the kit.

No Kh-41. It was considered but decided against since it was only a mock-up on one prototype and not a possibility on the production Su-33.

As far as I know the kit will include:

4 X R-27ER - Alamo-C

4 X R-27ET - Alamo-D

4 X R-73 - Archer

2 X ECM pods

:cheers:

As far as I know the kit will include:

4 X R-27ER - Alamo-C

4 X R-27ET - Alamo-D

4 X R-73 - Archer

2 X ECM pods

:cheers:/>

And for the J-15 I would propose ...

PL-8

PL-10 (the new successor to the PL-8 ... even if not seen on the prototypes it will surely equip the serials + new/old wt-plyons)

PL-12

UPAZ-1A/-1M IFR-pod

YJ-83K ASM

Deino :woot.gif:

Gabor, do you know when planned it release?

Hi Igor,

Unfortunately I have no idea about the release date :( :( :( Not even the great "За что ман" knows more details. :) :D :)

I look forward to this kit and hope it will be of just as great quality as the preview CAD images suggest! If the trend of quality in research by new companies (like the GWH MiG-29) is anything to go by then it will be great.

I am sure this kit of an excellent aircraft will be a great success all over the world.

Best regards

Gabor

I am sure this kit of an excellent aircraft will be a great success all over the world.

I'm agree absolutely with you!

Cheers!

Edited by Lyash Igor
  • 2 weeks later...
Hi Zactoman, do you think you guys will be including the dual pylons discussed in the thread below in current Su-33 or upcoming J-15:

http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?showtopic=277147

No, the dual pylons have only appeared on the Su-33 for that one air show to my knowledge.

I'm betting Zactoman will be by with some cool stuff shortly!!!!

That would be my cue... :rolleyes:

The Facebook page is up! With lots of test shot pics: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aviation-Art-Model-Kits/631889120233691?ref=profile

Keep in mind that these are just test shots! Kinks will be worked out before the kit is released.

10547539_658404274248842_4718245917272906490_n.jpg

10525808_658404900915446_4036017035090034816_n.jpg

Lots more pics here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Aviation-Art-Model-Kits/631889120233691?ref=profile

:yahoo:

Edited by Zactoman