1/48 Su-33 Sea Flanker

We're entitled to ask, whether you agree with it or not.

Brad

Brad, when you will invest your time and money into manufacturing a kit than you will have complete right/entitled to ask what's going on. Well, we know that's not the case here, so your statement just goes out the window.

Brad, when you will invest your time and money into manufacturing a kit than you will have complete right/entitled to ask what's going on. Well, we know that's not the case here, so your statement just goes out the window.

Are you the forum police, and why would you care?

:blink: "Forum police" brings back memories of my first job eva! I worked as a noise alert agent at a ten-storey holidays resort buildin.' I'll give ya that I was puzzled at first when I saw the ad in the newspaper, 'n' was surely beyond puzzlement after havin' the job interview.

The job consisted in walkin' the storeys in alert for any annoyin' noises. There were two shifts; night 'n' day, so I was given the night shift 'cause it got more fun. I was also given a club, along with the key to every room in the buildin.' Rules said I was to warn the guests for any inconvenient noises that may disturb other guests around. First warnin' was a gentle observation just knockin' at the offendin' guest's room door, to tell 'em to keep it low. Second warnin' was to ring the door bell 'n' wait 'til the guest opened, to be given a verbal reprimand.

Third warnin' we were allowed to use the key to enter the room 'n' deal with the source of the noise in a more efficient 'n' permanent way :lol:

Aw, how I miss that job... :worship: Then they said entries to 'em rooms were ilegal! :woot.gif:

Not a frequent poster here like I used to be but I did hold the test shot in my hands at the IPMS Nationals back in August. It looked very nice and Paul said that he expected a release in November. But like all model related things Chinese it will be ready when it's ready..

Jim

We have 1.4 billion people, I think the number of modeler may be more than population of a small country. :whistle:/>

Not all the modelers spending their time on building their kits.You can't foget those who playing models by their mouth and eyes.:whistle:

Not a frequent poster here like I used to be but I did hold the test shot in my hands at the IPMS Nationals back in August. It looked very nice and Paul said that he expected a release in November. But like all model related things Chinese it will be ready when it's ready..

Jim

Jim,

I got a chance to fondle one of the test shots at IPMS Nats as well. The quality of the parts were some of the best I've ever seen. The cockpit was glued together and it looked like an Aires resin set.

I'll definitely get one or two of them, and it's been worth the wait. We the modelers should be happy that they're taking their time getting it right. When I look at my pile of unbuilt kits in my attic I need to remind myself that I've got plenty to do and waiting a few months for ANOTHER kit isn't such a big deal.

I haven't gone through the complete thread, but who'll be distributing it?

Chris

• 1 month later...

So really bad news. So sad.

AFAIK there are no news but the tooling exists and the guy who owns the tooling will want to cover the tooling cost so he has to release the kit.

AFAIK there are no news but the tooling exists and the guy who owns the tooling will want to cover the tooling cost so he has to release the kit.

Or sell the tooling. I hope it will surface somewhere...it raised the bar above GWH MiG-29.

I'm really disappointed. I guess I'm just not understanding the economics of this deal. It seems like 95% of the costs are upfront and have already been sunk into the project. Really all that is left is injecting the molds, printing the boxes and shipping the kit to market. Why give up at this point?

I'm really disappointed. I guess I'm just not understanding the economics of this deal. It seems like 95% of the costs are upfront and have already been sunk into the project. Really all that is left is injecting the molds, printing the boxes and shipping the kit to market. Why give up at this point?

What deal? Who is giving up?

People, stop this useless speculation already. :doh: