1/48 Su-33 Sea Flanker

Debbie Downer, checking in. This is one of my fave Russian subjects--this particular version of the Flanker. I have hopes this will be awesomeness. I'm just hoping this isn't something they cut their teeth on while improving their skills/quality/etc. for later subjects. If this is a new company and all.

Mike Todd

WOW... at last!!! A 1/48 SU-33 all in plastic. No resin updates to deal with. That's great news Chris and since your involved in this project I'm confident it will be accurate. I'm really looking forward to this kit!! :banana: It won't surprise me either if a 1/32 kit is also in the pipeline. ;)

ARE YOU FRACKING KIDDING ME??????????????!?!?!?!??!?!??! THIS IS THE MOST AWESOME KITS NEWS I HAVE READ THIS YEAR YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If this is in your capable hands I know it will be great....(but please add rivets!)

+1 :yahoo:

Wow. Any release date and price estimate? :)/>

No, not at the moment. I'll update when I know more.

I'm just hoping this isn't something they cut their teeth on while improving their skills/quality/etc. for later subjects. If this is a new company and all.

Having worked with them I can say that they absolutely know what they are doing!

Are you guys planning to add any J-15 specific parts?

I'm hoping so, but that would likely be in another boxing I'd guess. I'll post more when I find out.

I hope that this kit wouldn't need zacto nose?:-P

I think it's already got a ZactoNose :P

Thank you all for what so far seems like a great reception of the announcement. :cheers:

I'm hoping the plastic is just as well received and these things fly off the shelves.

Future releases and larger scales will depend on this first kit selling well.

I want to give a shout-out to Berkut and Flankerman for helping to set me straight on a few things about the Su-33. :cheers:

Also a shout-out to all of those who have helped educate me on the Flanker family over the years. :worship:

As I told these guys when they approached me, I'm no Flanker expert. There are others out there who know much much more than me. I'm just a model maker with a gift/curse of noticing shapes and details and a pretty good hand when it comes to fixing things and making parts.

Though I've learned a lot about the Flanker, I'm no more of an expert than I am on the Tomcat, A-7, MiG-29 or Farley Fruitbat.

:cheers:

Now where are the people who always complain about shape issues with CAD images (forgetting most are isometric projections)? Or those who like to trace lines on photos taken with a fish-eye or wide-angle lens and compare them with CAD images?

Now where are the people who always complain about shape issues with CAD images (forgetting most are isometric projections)? Or those who like to trace lines on photos taken with a fish-eye or wide-angle lens and compare them with CAD images?

they are waiting to see more... or have enough confidence in Zactoman's work as consultant, not to feel necessary to do a double check... you know, some have better track records in regards to accuracy than others... (i'm in the second category)

I go away for a few days flying and look what happens!

Holy crap Mate that is some news..really wasnt thinking anything this cool when you mentioned something brewing!

Cant wait im in for 3-4..brilliant news.

So will the nose,canopy and inakes be accurate?? Lol.

Totally awesome..

they are waiting to see more... or have enough confidence in Zactoman's work as consultant, not to feel necessary to do a double check... you know, some have better track records in regards to accuracy than others... (i'm in the second category)

I can tell you for a fact that Zacto has fixed mistakes that probably no one else in here would even notice even if it hit them in the face. ;)/> To clarify; that is obviously not a bad thing. And considering Chris' track record...

Inquisitor's post is puzzling and arrogant at best. Because that is exactly what I and Zacto has been doing; "complain" about shape issues with CAD images. Not to mention i can't think of a single instance (on other projects non Aviation Art) where mistakes in CAD's pointed out were not either:

a - Fixed as result of the "complaining".

b - EXACTLY as seen on CAD's on the released kit. (HB YF-23)

But let us not getting this out of hand. I just thought it was somewhat arrogant to undermine what Zacto and I has been doing.

Edited by Berkut

Chris, great news!

Who wants to buy the SOL's conversion as well as WolfPack conversion from me? =))

Sergey

I was tempted to get the Su-33 conversion, but when I saw what it is left of the Academy kit, I said I'd rather wait for a while, I think it was worth the wait.

I did use SOL Su-35 conversion though, and still have the Wingmark Su-35 that I plan to use anyways.

A new Su-34 would be awesome too.

Juan