F-20 TigerShark

Hello All,

This is the old Monogram 1:48 kit that I bought at the Modelpalooza show in Orlando for $10. I really like building these old Monogram kits. They have raised panel lines but that does not bother me. There aren't a million fiddly parts so they go together quick and they usually look like the aircraft when they are done. I wanted to build the red and white version but the kit decals were so old and degraded that I didn't think they would work. I used Fightertown decals Adversary Ghosts to what-if a VFC-13 jet. I am going with the premise that they upgraded from the F-5's to the F-20's once they were available. I know they don't usually fly with the extra fuel tank but I liked it on there so there it is.

F2009_zps37c3ec98.jpg

F2015_zps85cf3046.jpg

F2016_zps46fbfdb4.jpg

F2017_zps5f6b2681.jpg

I downloaded a squadron patch with a F-5 from the net and modified it with paint to have one exhaust instead of two for the base.

F2018PatchUpdate_zpsa731c3fc.jpg

Els

I really wish someone would have bought this aircraft because it was a very outstanding design. Model is awesome as well. I just picked this kit up off ebay and have been waiting to start it soon.

Edited by falcon1974

Thanks everybody. This was a fun kit to work on. I went to the ARC air gallery section and there are some nice F-20's that have been built-up there. Falcon1974 I agree with you. I wish someone would have bought these. While I was building the kit I was thinking that this looked like a fighter. It looks like it is moving even when it is just sitting there. Fly-n-hi, I hope you post pictures of your kit when you finish it.

els

Fantastic Build, Els ! :clap2:

I was at a NAS Miramar airshow in the mid '80s that had an F-20 demo. Talking with the TOPGUN Drivers, they were all drooling over the thought of what they had coined the "Gomershark" ... They all wanted it more so then the already selected F-16N ...

Again, great job on your "Gomershark" ... :thumbsup2:

-Gregg

Excellent work.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Very nice F-20! Such a pitty this plane never made it into serial production...

I couldn't agree more.....the Russians got their hands on an F-5 and found it waxed the MiG-21's in almost every engagement in DACM, just think what an F-20 could do and it was geared IIRC to employ the newer AIM-7's.

Thanks everybody. GreyGhost, I wish I could have seen that demo. We have a local airshow next weekend but with no military aircraft included, I will probably just skip it. What a shame...