1/32 F-4E Chico the Gunfighter

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Marcel. I have been, and continue to be, out of the modelling loop due to life issues, hence my late viewing of your completed Chico. There is little I can add to what has already been said. Wonderful modelling and a testament to your skill and determination. I recall someone saying it is not that craftsmen never make mistakes, it is they have the skill to ‘fix’ them, or something along those lines.

Well done :salute:/>

Regards

John

Thx John, thx Kike!

John, I do hope you get back into the groove fairly soon, would love to see your Harrier complete.

Kike, just started my Growler thread... really excited about it!

Guys, I thought I'd post some clarification on my Chico build (based on some feedback I have received):

1. The radome on Chico was indeed all glossy black and didn't feature the rubber nose tip as is common to most F-4E's. This is clearly visible on the head-on pic of Chico posted early in this thread.

2. The little antenna on the front nose gear door is usually painted black. Mine is in the underside gray color--I have plenty of pics showing F-4E's with that antenna in underside gray, including Vietnam LC F-4E's.

3. There are panels on the fron port and starboard sides of the F-4E that are frequently white or yellow-ish. From the Chico pics I have, this panel is camo-colored on Chico while the starboard panel is white. This then is what I did on my Chico.

Note white panel below forward formation light strip:

DSC_08182_zps5b00be9c.jpg

The port side is left in camo.

:cheers:

Marcel

• 3 months later...

Marcel,

EXCEPTIONALLY STUNNING looking Chico.

Your perseverance, fortitude and tenacious attitude has produced a STUPENDOUS model..

:jaw-dropping: :jaw-dropping: :jaw-dropping: :jaw-dropping:

Thank you for being so persistent if this is the kind of results you produce... :yahoo:

thank you for the OUTSTANDING photographs too

you are one amazing modeller.. :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: